City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say go for it but the access to and from the stadium via transport is poor compared to Old Trafford. They've got motorways and main roads right by the ground, multiple metro stops and lines and a train station on a main line.

Eastlands is a nightmare to get away from unless on foot.
But on foot is a hue advantage. Just about possible to walk it back to manchester from Old Trafford but I reckon at least a 1/3rd of City fans walk it back to manchester. Huge numbers anyway

Bus back to Manchester City centre is doable in 20 minutes but if City added 10,000 seats or so, we might hit a tipping point when suddenly all the traffic snarls up. It wont be a linear effect. It will be smooth flow, and then gridlock at a certain point

I also think they should expand the stadium ASAP. We are getting left behind compared to other clubs and I can see demand increasing as we have sustained success. That said - something does need to be done regarding transportation - an increase in the number of trams on match day would be a start.

I also think they should expand the stadium ASAP. We are getting left behind compared to other clubs and I can see demand increasing as we have sustained success. That said - something does need to be done regarding transportation - an increase in the number of trams on match day would be a start.

I'm lucky I walk to and from the stadium, but the tram situation thing seems to be a recurring theme.

Surely the club could subsidize extra trams, it wouldn't cost that much (I think) and it may even persuade a few more 'to stay to the end'.

If you go to the shop or have a pint after the game it's time well spent rather than pulling teeth waiting for a tram. Metrolink simply don't put enough trams on so it's an issue that needs to be resolved in tandem with any future expansion. Be good to see expansion happen soon though and more affordable seating for fans.

But on foot is a hue advantage. Just about possible to walk it back to manchester from Old Trafford but I reckon at least a 1/3rd of City fans walk it back to manchester. Huge numbers anyway

Bus back to Manchester City centre is doable in 20 minutes but if City added 10,000 seats or so, we might hit a tipping point when suddenly all the traffic snarls up. It wont be a linear effect. It will be smooth flow, and then gridlock at a certain point

Huge numbers of City fans walk back because the metrolink is shit, the bus's are organised by clueless stewards.
The buses then get snarled up in traffic . Surely a bus lane of some sort could be sorted for match days. It's not fun walking back in the pissing rain and freezing cold.
This issue has been going of for years and never gets any better.

all the people moaning about the metro,what did you do before it arrived ?

Huge numbers of City fans walk back because the metrolink is shit, the bus's are organised by clueless stewards.
The buses then get snarled up in traffic . Surely a bus lane of some sort could be sorted for match days. It's not fun walking back in the pissing rain and freezing cold.
This issue has been going of for years and never gets any better.
I think the journey by bus is fine. I use it all the time. When the Metrolink was under construction, I barely bothered with bus travel at all - despite having a bus pass. Now I use it all the time. I live in the City centre. Takes me less than an hour to get there, or back after the game. But it was unworkable for a year or so whilst Metrolink was being built. I think if the stand was extended significantly, some thought / analysis would have to go into travel.

They have to sort out transport around the stadium first, as a priority. It’s a nightmare now, 10000 more people will make it impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.