Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

I would like Khaldoon in his end if season interview to explain why there has been 10 season ticket price increases in the last 11 seasons, with 1 season ticket price freeze. And how he can justifi that, while many other PL clubs are continually freezing season ticket prices, or even reducing season ticket prices in some cases.

Perhaps he could also tell us how much further he, Soriano, and the City Execs can push and squeeze more money out of City fans before they realise they can't squeeze anymore money out of City fans.

Are the club going to use the cost of inflation and running costs for another season ticket price rise in season 2019/2020? Perhaps he can explain why running costs can't be reduced across the board, instead of increasing season ticket prices to justifi those costs.

It will be interesting to see how much matchday tickets will be next season. Looks like £60+ Matchday tickets could be hit next season. We're around the £58 mark ATM.

I have decided to bin the League Cup and FA Cup schemes next season.I'll keep the CL cup schemes while Pep is at City. We've got a chance of winning it with Pep. After he leaves I will bin that as well.

Crunch those numbers City!
You know the answer. City are run as a business.

They’re cheeky bastards and are missing out on the youngsters by not offering similar to Utd.

We lost an entire generation almost of people by age and United are reacting to it possibly being turned around this time.

Wake up City.
Utd season ticket prices are a lot higher. They also have more to sell, and have a particular problem with lack of atmosphere in the ground.

You know the answer. City are run as a business.
If we’re looking at City as a business then our revenue this season will be around £500m. The projected revenue uplift from the increase in general season tickets will be £800k or 0.15% of revenue. If even only 5000 people shave £50 off their total expenditure, then that comes down to 0.1%. Our wage bill and other operating expenses will be something like 75% of revenue.

If costs have increased then couldn’t we find that 0.1% saving in that 75% or find another small revenue stream or even absorb that increase, instead of pissing customers off. That’s what businesses do.

If we’re looking at City as a business then our revenue this season will be around £500m. The projected revenue uplift from the increase in general season tickets will be £800k or 0.15% of revenue. If even only 5000 people shave £50 off their total expenditure, then that comes down to 0.1%. Our wage bill and other operating expenses will be something like 75% of revenue.

If costs have increased then couldn’t we find that 0.1% saving in that 75% or find another small revenue stream or even absorb that increase, instead of pissing customers off. That’s what businesses do.
PB, out of interest how much does the club generate from ticket sales per season? This is just out of interest and I know you're clued up on these matters.

See a lot on social media are defending it as in line with inflation, unfortunately to the average match goer their wages don't rise in line with inflaltion also.

Seems to me that there is a reasonable price spread of tickets. There are cheaper tickets at £299 (last season) in the 3rd level of the SS and also on value gold. Cheap tickets for kids in the family stand. Average priced tickets in most of the ground and then expensive tickets in the premium section and corporate. Should be something affordable there for most people.

I was looking at a season ticket price comparison table a while ago and we came out somewhere in the middle. It would be nice to have a price freeze (or even drop) but I suspect that's never going to happen when most games sell out.

My boy has moved to the 18-21 age bracket and the ticket site states the following.....

To be eligible for a Seasoncard in the Family Stand, adult supporters must be accompanied by a Seasoncard holder under 16. Maximum of three adults per Under 16 Seasoncard holder.

How come I haven't been moved?

I used to go with my lad in the family stand, he's at uni now but I still go on my own. Don't think there's enough families waiting to jump in, simple as that. Pretty much anywhere in the ground would be more expensive for me too so if they shifted me I probably would not renew.

yes they do. They also operate in a competitive environment where customers will walk to a competitor if they don't like the pricing. Thats not the case for the club. Its best of both worlds really, a very sticky loyal customer base and a strategy of driving revenues but without the checks and controls from shareholders/customers that a business would normally operate under - for example many customer facing businesses base their bonus schemes on customer satisfaction which is carefully measured. I'm afraid it is what it is. Compared to just about everyone we have great owners and looking at the big picture, I would not want to swap them for anybody - we currently have one of the top 3 teams in the world playing the best football. We will continue to have to pay increasing sums to see it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.