Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

I hear people talking about its only £5, £10, £20. But look at the bigger picture of 5 years. Maybe £100+ (20% or more)? Has inflation went up by that? Has your salaries went up by that?

Yes the product is getting better and better but the numbers dont really add up.

Plus Platinum is the biggest Con going £50 for double points. Please. Safer saving that money and joining a facebook ticket page for away tickets. Everyone knows dozens of Away tickets go to Tunnel club and foreign tour operators. There was many cases of this last year.

Last edited:
The price rises are unnecessary. The time was right for a price freeze with revenues set to exceed £500mil. That said, paying by direct debit cushions the blow for me.

I know there have been comparisons made with United’s price freezes but the rags were still expected to pay £50 for League Cup games against lower league opposition. Our domestics cup prices are often half or a third of United’s.

buy a packet of council house sausages 10 sausages for £1
go to Waitrose and buy a packet of high quality Cumberland sausage £12.50

look at our season ticket prices v other teams in the prem ,they are getting council house sausages for the price of Waitrose sausages.

the only way it will change is don't pay the money , no point whinging about it ,do something about it .

It's a difficult one, we see our tickets going up every year and my first reaction is to moan about it, but then I look at the talent on the pitch and the trophies in the cabinet, it could be worse a lot worse we could support any of the other 19 teams in the premiership God forbid arsenal.

If that happens then that’s when people will stop putting up with it. Success tends to equate with tolerance.

There’s no pressing need for the increases. I feel strongly that those who run the club have missed a trick here. After such a sensational trophy-winning (record-breaking?)season, what a significant message it would have sent out to the football world (not to say City fans!) to have frozen season ticket prices for 2018/9.

Now where’s my Visa card?

I dont think the club have considered the ill feeling this increase makes, yeah you might squeeze an extra £20 out of someone but I know loads of people now who are just sacking off Platinum (£50) and the CL cup scheme (£100 at least for 3 group games) so in the long term they are losing out

Please, Marvin.

So are other football clubs, but they freeze or reduce season ticket prices

If City are run as a business, they should look at reducing running costs, rather than using that as an annual excuse to increase season ticket and matchday ticket prices.Why should the fans have to pay for that each season?

My maths isn't great.

My season ticket went up by £20. City apparently have 46,000 season ticket holders.((Johnny Ball, think of a number) Replicate my season ticket increase by 46,000 season ticket holders. I know it doesn't quite work like that. That's £920,000. It could be more? It could be less? Is there £920,000 worth of running costs and matchday savings that could be made at City annually? Damn right there is. Do you know some of the guff City fork out on. Walk around the Etihad on a matchday and see where the money is being spent. Is wasted a better word?

So instead of continually passing on price rises to the fans every season via season season ticket and matchday ticket price rises, City's Execs and their Managers should find ways of cutting running costs, so these continual season ticket and matchday ticket price rises don't need to happen.

Tell me. If other clubs can survive and drive revenues without annual season ticket and matchday ticket price rises, why can't City?

£920.000! It's less than a months wage for some of City's players.
I don't want price increases but the club will try and raise revenue in every single aspect of the business because we operate in a market driven economy

There is always a tension between people, football and business. I didn't say I agreed with the price increases, I just think I understand why they happen. You can say that it's relatively small, and the club should swallow it, but if you do that in every area of business you'll soon be out of business.

I don't want price increases but the club will try and raise revenue in every single aspect of the business because we operate in a market driven economy

There is always a tension between people, football and business. I didn't say I agreed with the price increases, I just think I understand why they happen. You can say that it's relatively small, and the club should swallow it, but if you do that in every area of business you'll soon be out of business.

City won't go out of business though
As PB's figures show, the £800k extra revenue is less than a twentieth of a percent of turnover. It's 10 weeks of Yaya Toure's salary and he won't be here next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.