Antoine Griezmann

you have to consider how many more chances Sterling has got and in overall how much more city scores compared to Atletico, we play a totally different football and one of the best one in the world.Griez hasnt had his best season and neither has Atletico overall

Ronaldo:mins per goal: L liga: 91. Champs Lg: 72
M Salah :mins per goal: Prem: 89. Champs Lg: 90 (Balon Dor my fucking arse)
L Messi :mins per goal: L liga: 87. Champs Lg: 131
Aguero: mins per goal: Prem: 94. Champs Lg: 110
H Kane (one of r own):Prem: 104. Champs Lg: 85
G Jesus (half injured): Prem: 122 Champs Lg: 155
Antoine Griezmann : L liga: 128 Champs Lg: 265 Europa: 135
Raheem Sterling : Prem: 134. Champs Lg: 124

I think when people refer to "world class finishing" they don't mean number of goals/scored per minute - they're thinking of getting 1 chance in a big match and putting it away. Atletico only have 11 shots per game compared to our 18 per game, so obviously he's gonna score fewer per minute.

I don't think there's a perfect stat for what you're trying to argue because it's so subjective.

Griezmann does seem to be clinical though - he's got 15 goals from 40 shots inside the penalty area this season (38% of his shots go in)

Compared to -

M Salah - 24%
L Messi - 23%
Aguero - 23%
H Kane - 17%
G Jesus - 22%
Sterling - 17%

That's a pretty big margin over the competition. When he gets a shot in the box, he converts much better than pretty much everyone else.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m being picky but for a world class player with a reported transfer fee to match I’ve never been entirely impressed with Griezmann’s finishing. At times I feel he’s get a bit lucky & reminds me of being only slightly better than Sterling in this department i.e. gets himself in great positions & misses the easy chances.

Admittedly he had a great game last night, but seemed to benefit from a big man up front which we currently don’t possess. I like the engine & desire he’s puts into the game (similar to Jesus) but he does have some poor ones where his finishing has been suspect which occurred at the beginning of the La Liga season and more recently at the Sevilla game where he missed some howlers.

In saying all of this if Mbappe is not going to happen, I would love him over here as the next alternative in this current market & to freshen up our attacking options, but as someone else pointed out have we even been linked to him?

In the past if he is to going to leave Atletico, a majority of the papers have him going to the Rags to join his mate Pogba.

Maybe I’m being picky but for a world class player with a reported transfer fee to match I’ve never been entirely impressed with Griezmann’s finishing. At times I feel he’s get a bit lucky & reminds me of being only slightly better than Sterling in this department i.e. gets himself in great positions & misses the easy chances.

Admittedly he had a great game last night, but seemed to benefit from a big man up front which we currently don’t possess. I like the engine & desire he’s puts into the game (similar to Jesus) but he does have some poor ones where his finishing has been suspect which occurred at the beginning of the La Liga season and more recently at the Sevilla game where he missed some howlers.

In saying all of this if Mbappe is not going to happen, I would love him over here as the next alternative in this current market & to freshen up our attacking options, but as someone else pointed out have we even been linked to him?

In the past if he is to going to leave Atletico, a majority of the papers have him going to the Rags to join his mate Pogba.

Both would be great options ,but im pretty sure that Mbappe won´t happen and there has even been Hazard mentioned ,but that one is probably more impossible to happen.Let´s hope that Sterling can improve his finishing and his composure in front of the goal, but im not that sure he will be that kind of elite player people are hoping him to be.I think it´s time to get that one huge signing for winger/forward postion and splash out 100+ mills if really needed.

I’d say he’s a marquee signing that Chelsea or United are more likely to make to appease their fans.

Yes please.

The last striker we signed from Atletico didn't turn out too badly...

I just love his link-up play and intelligence.

He also seems to fit our profile brief of seemingly coming across as a nice guy?

He was certainly loyal when he decided to stay another year and say no to United.
This ship has sailed!
Or has it had a change of wind?

Statistically the only player that is a more clinical finisher is Suarez and, given the age difference, the better long term bet if we want a pure finisher.

Question is does Pep want a different type of player. Sergio is a finisher but Pep prefers Jesus I think.

I haven’t seen us liknked recently but we should be.

Would not be disappointed if we signed him. Can play out wide and down the middle. Is a clinical finisher, which we are lacking. Obtainable for a reasonable fee in todays market thanks to the buy-out clause. Will instantly improve us, which cannot be said about many of the other attackers that we're linked to. Could see him doing very well here, but I think he'll end up at Barca.

I think when people refer to "world class finishing" they don't mean number of goals/scored per minute - they're thinking of getting 1 chance in a big match and putting it away. Atletico only have 11 shots per game compared to our 18 per game, so obviously he's gonna score fewer per minute.

I don't think there's a perfect stat for what you're trying to argue because it's so subjective.

Griezmann does seem to be clinical though - he's got 15 goals from 40 shots inside the penalty area this season (38% of his shots go in)

Compared to -

M Salah - 24%
L Messi - 23%
Aguero - 23%
H Kane - 17%
G Jesus - 22%
Sterling - 17%

That's a pretty big margin over the competition. When he gets a shot in the box, he converts much better than pretty much everyone else.

Which is why I want this guy if we don't get Mbappe - sadly he's probably off to Barca in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.