Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember them beating a single Top 6 team away from home. Surely, they are not going to improve that much over the summer considering that others also will strengthen.

There’s only the front 3 scoring and they are having a storming season in terms of goals. Can they come back and do the same again, that’s debatable and it’s still only got them to being 22 points touching distance of us.

Come on Brighton and Madrid, hopefully a collapse of Selhurst Park 2014 will do in both games to get the unwashed unemployed poem writing Carling chuckers upset again.

I don't remember them beating a single Top 6 team away from home. Surely, they are not going to improve that much over the summer considering that others also will strengthen.
The top level of Liverpool is clearly very high. Their problem is they cannot bring this consistently enough. Klopp's plan will be to add more depth to his squad so he can rotate more and so try to become a more consistent team. The plan is good if you ask me, the question is if they can execute it.

The top level of Liverpool is clearly very high. Their problem is they cannot bring this consistently enough. Klopp's plan will be to add more depth to his squad so he can rotate more and so try to become a more consistent team. The plan is good if you ask me, the question is if they can execute it.

If the plan can match the dizzy claims of their supporters then they do have a chance. But they have promised so much and yet actually delivered very little for so long .

It will all depend on whether their forwards can replicate the performances of this season, but Salah imo will not be able to keep his current level up, and he is the major difference to them this season.

So much hype , but will they deliver ?

If the plan can match the dizzy claims of their supporters then they do have a chance. But they have promised so much and yet actually delivered very little for so long .

It will all depend on whether their forwards can replicate the performances of this season, but Salah imo will not be able to keep his current level up, and he is the major difference to them this season.

So much hype , but will they deliver ?
Yes I agree that their team depends on the 3 forwards who have all had a great season. They need to repeat this to keep Liverpool at the current level. If Salah or Firmino run into an injury Liverpool are in trouble.
The next question mark is how long they will be allowed by other teams to play their counter attacking football. Chelsea showed how to beat them, by giving them the ball and not allowing them their ultra fast breaks. They will need to learn to do this better to improve the number of points they accumulate over a season.

We will never hear the end of it if they beat RM.
I really want to see CR and his chums rip them a new one and send them back to light their candles.
It was telling that Zidane took him off at HT of El Classico last night for "Tactical" reasons.

The only way I can see them challenging for the title is if they miss out on Europe. But even then, they'd have the Europa League. They have progressed in the sense that they've got a similar number of points despite also competing in Europe, but that's what's expected of top teams. The real comparison in terms of competing on all fronts is our second 11 and their second 11.

Bravo
Danilo------Stones------Laporte------Zinchenko
Delph
Gundogan-----------Toure
Bernardo---------------------------Diaz
Jesus​
And Foden could still cover a number of those positions too.

Mignolet
Gomez------Matip------Klavan
Clyne-----------------------------------------Moren
Can------Wijnaldum

Ings------Solanke------Lallana
Midfield in particular has a dearth of backup options, hence why I had to do 5 at the back.

But ours I think is still a pretty good team. I reckon we'd get top 6 with that as our starting 11. I doubt Liverpool's would finish top half.

It's about time we got out of denial and finally accepted that it's their year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.