Cups For Cock-Ups

Congratulations, mate.

Grandchildren are great. Our two are both Blues and the grandson (now eight) was there yesterday and loved it.
Cheers. My middle grandson is 15 and been taking him since he was 7. My youngest grandson just turned 7 and been mithering for a while to go. Got him a ticket and taking him to his first match on Wed against Brighton. I don't know who's more excited about it. Him or daft old me!

I have recently done some clearing out and came across the above mentioned book by Ashley Shaw. It was published in 1998 and it was about the period from 'Forward with Franny' through to the relegation to Nationwide Division 2. I have read it before but I have started it again for old times sake. It's a sobering experience to think where we were - when we got hoodwinked by The Mirror into thinking Francis Lee was taking over the club when in reality he only bought 12% - to where we are now.
The book title by the way is taken from a direct quote from Francis Lee during his first spell at City.

'If cups were awarded for cock-ups then you would not be able to move in City's boardroom'

Irony - it's a bastard ain't it?
Ashley Shaw is a rag.

The one and only......
I proof read the book and he went on about the 86 youth team of Redmond, Lakey and Simpson and untold him Simpson wasn't in the team, too old.... He insisted I was wrong so didn't correct it!
Did he ever pay you? I won't publish with Empire because of their inability to pay me what they owed for "Atkinson for England"

Did he ever pay you? I won't publish with Empire because of their inability to pay me what they owed for "Atkinson for England"
Dont say that Gary they published my book
We Never Win At Home
We Never Win Away
Hope i have more luck lol
Good with your new book

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.