Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odriozola is good but he's a right back who used to be a winger and it shows because like most of his teammates, he can't defend. You'd have to say Maffeo is a better prospect long term.

Well, Maffeo is a promising player. However not because he was or even is that good. He is promising because his countinuos improving. The point is how high will he arrive? Who knows. Now he is at Europa league level. We'll see next year where he is.

As a note, Bellerin is 23 but he is from the 95 generation, and Maffeo from 97.

Odriozola in the other hand is called for the spainsh national team (in the bench yesterday). In front of Sergio Roberto and co.

Also, let's rate Bellerin after Wegner is out.

Interesting re the call up, btw appreciate your insight on all things Girona!

Yea, Wenger is definitely a reason for his stagnation, the potential is definitely there and he is still young enough to fulfill it.

Well, Maffeo is a promising player. However not because he was or even is that good. He is promising because his countinuos improving. The point is how high will he arrive? Who knows. Now he is at Europa league level. We'll see next year where he is.

Playing at a Europa league level club does not make you Europa league level.

I'd have no problem starting Maffeo in the CL next season if Walker picked up an injury.

Playing at a Europa league level club does not make you Europa league level.

I'd have no problem starting Maffeo in the CL next season if Walker picked up an injury.

If you believe that Maffeo has the level to play as a starter at city you are very optimistic. I can only disagree with you.
(Note: you say as a sub, but having a sub of Europa league quality is pretty normal for top teams).

And Girona is not a Europa league team. Yet.

https://www.eurosport.de/fussball/b...nchester-city_sto6745862/story.shtml#de-fb-po

Stuttgart are after him according to this.

Make or break for City this summer with a year left on his contract - I'm going to be livid if we lose him and I don't blame him if he decides to go.

Sell Danilo and bring him in to the setup. We fucked up by buying Danilo in the first place. He's gone on loan and has done everything Pep has asked of him when they made the decision to send him to Girona.

Selling Maffeo with a buyback clause would be a good move, considering that his contract is expiring. I think Danilo is a slightly better player ATM, and selling him would mean huge financial loss for City.

Selling Maffeo with a buyback clause would be a good move, considering that his contract is expiring. I think Danilo is a slightly better player ATM, and selling him would mean huge financial loss for City.

€9m? Fuck off.

Your thinking is hilariously short termed.

Don't sell Danilo now because we'll make a loss, instead agree to buy back Maffeo in a few years for several times what we sell him for now.

Even if we had to sell Danilo to accomodate Maffeo, which I doubt is how Pep would look at it, he'd go for £15-20m easily in the post-Neymar market. That means a 5-10m loss, but you'd rather commit to spending probably 30m+ on Maffeo in the future to avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.