Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your thinking is hilariously short termed.

Don't sell Danilo now because we'll make a loss, instead agree to buy back Maffeo in a few years for several times what we sell him for now.
I think you're overrating Maffeo. He's not even the best RWB at Girona, Aday is arguably a better one. His passing is as average as Walker's, it's not guaranteed that he'll ever reach the level of City's starting 11.
Has 1 year left on his contract, and I don't see top clubs queuing after him.

Selling Maffeo with a buyback clause would be a good move, considering that his contract is expiring. I think Danilo is a slightly better player ATM, and selling him would mean huge financial loss for City.

It would certainly not. Offer him a new contract, let him be Walkers deputy and sell Danilo. Right now Danilo might be slightly better than Maffeo, but Maffeo is 6 years younger, club trained and will only get better. Maffeo needs to improve his attacking abilities (it has improved during his loan spell at Girona), but Pep is the right manager to coach him. I've watched Girona many times this season and he looks great. Quick, very good defensively and a warrior like Zabba. He's one of the most talened young RBs in the world, and we just can't lose this guy. I think Danilo has done ok for us in most games, but I want to see Maffeo in this team so badly, even if it's on Danilos expense

I think you're overrating Maffeo. He's not even the best RWB at Girona, Aday is arguably a better one. His passing is as average as Walker's, it's not guaranteed that he'll ever reach the level of City's starting 11.
Has 1 year left on his contract, and I don't see top clubs queuing after him.

Having watched about 15 Girona games this season alone, I think you're massively underrating Maffeo.

if you have the (very uncommon) opinion that he's nowhere near good enough, then that would explain your bizarre preference to saving 5-10m now to incur a 20-25m loss later.

Funny you think Aday is better though, no one at Girona does, obviously.

I will be depressed if we sell Maffeo.

He is better than Danilo, give him a season with City and he will be better than Walker.

Sold to Stuttgart for 10m EUR. Do not know if there is a buyback clause included but seems to have been worked between Guardiola and Reschke, who did the transfers when he was in Munich and now is sports manager at Stuttgart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.