Local Elections

Absolutely right.
The Corbynites are so convinced that they are right that they are totally oblivious to the fact that they are making their party a protest movement rather than a government in waiting. Their hatred of the right of their own party actually eclipses their dislike of the Tories. As a previous labour voter in all elections after Foot and before Corbyn, they won't see my vote again as long as the far left holds sway within the party. It always astonishes me that they are so contemptuous of the most successful leader that Labour have ever had.
That is you, me and many others on this forum.

And as this is a left leaning forum - well clearly in the minds of anyone that is not themselves 'far-left' - then if this is typical across the electorate - Labour has little chance of being electable.

But the purists are adamant that those more towards the centre should be purged as they are not pure enough of thinking

The Tory I'm alright jack brigade really are something else whatever happened to basic decency they simply couldn't give a toss about anyone or anything other than themselves.

I suppose that is their right to do so but blimey these people really have lost their way in life.

The Tory I'm alright jack brigade really are something else whatever happened to basic decency they simply couldn't give a toss about anyone or anything other than themselves.

I suppose that is their right to do so but blimey these people really have lost their way in life.

Utter Crap. How can you label a Tory voter as having no basic decency. Do you remember the state of the country labour left us in last time?

The government are doing a good job.

I tend to vote conservative apart from a small spell of absenteeism in the blair years and I don't think our government is doing well at all.Mediocre at best and fudging along.Our nhs is completely on it's arse and seriously underfunded as are our police and armed forces.
We are not a third world country so should do more to channel urgent funding where it is needed most.If a viable alternative to Corbyn and abbot was available I could well be convinced to cast a Labour vote once more as would many others.
I am tired and weary of seeing our health service in such a poorly condition and it's really depressing to watch.

I don't think our government is doing well at all.Mediocre at best and fudging along.Our nhs is completely on it's arse and seriously underfunded as are our police and armed forces.

I am tired and weary of seeing our health service in such a poorly condition and it's really depressing to watch.

Agreed, the NHS and police in my experience have declined a lot in recent years, and if Labour can get a good government in, that would be great for the majority country in general

Utter Crap. How can you label a Tory voter as having no basic decency. Do you remember the state of the country labour left us in last time?

And you think that was a Labour government?

One thing that is lost on them is the result of todays catastrophic decline in house ownership. If you buy a house and pay it off when you retire then you are living "rent free" with just the usual bills to pay ( council tax, utilities etc ) - all these renters forever will be PAYING rent forever. What happens at the moment is benefits like housing benefit or universal credit comes into play and in effect the tax payer pays / subsidises the rent. In the case of pensioners at the moment - baby boomers and Gen X that will be a relatively small number but you may be looking at 50% + of the population of millenials when / if they retire having no income and rent to pay. Another tax time bomb waiting in the long grass ready to go off.

Yes it is.

If all there is to eat is McDonald's, then food is burger and chips.

Democracy is not defeated by dictatorship, it's defeated by narrowing choices.

That's why all you hear from certain posters in here is TINA..."There Is No Alternative"

Last edited:
One thing that is lost on them is the result of todays catastrophic decline in house ownership. If you buy a house and pay it off when you retire then you are living "rent free" with just the usual bills to pay ( council tax, utilities etc ) - all these renters forever will be PAYING rent forever. What happens at the moment is benefits like housing benefit or universal credit comes into play and in effect the tax payer pays / subsidises the rent. In the case of pensioners at the moment - baby boomers and Gen X that will be a relatively small number but you may be looking at 50% + of the population of millenials when / if they retire having no income and rent to pay. Another tax time bomb waiting in the long grass ready to go off.

This is not true, youth unemployment is at its lowest level in history. House ownership is not indicative of a young population that is struggling or one which has no money. The majority go on to do alright and earn an average wage. This happens later though because most are still at university when in the past they would be earning.

I am a millenial and it took me a few years to save up but it is doable because there is lots of help, information, interest rates are low and now stamp duty is rock bottom. Loads of people my age own houses and they have average jobs and manage fine. In fact I think I was one of the latest to buy one of my mates, most of them have owned for a good few years.

The ones pushed into renting went that way because they did something stupid like have a kid, stay at university for years because of gap years or something or they spent their money getting smashed every weekend. In that case what do you expect?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.