Local Elections

You thought it was a good idea to ridicule my suggestion that you were talking to yourself, by replying to yourself.
I quoted myself to provide you with the content against which you made your latest shallow/snide remark - which was:

That it is the likes West Dids, myself and many others on this forum, that - the purists are adamant should be purged from Labour as they are not pure enough of thinking.

Of course you are one of those purists and as you seem to not be able to debate and only post rambling mantra and snide 1-liners I am not surprised that you have again not been able to address the issue and just hide behind shallowness.

And of course - by the same token - might people not wonder that - you thought it was good idea to respond to my post pointing out that you have no capacity to debate honestly, but cannot just ignore posts, so you just take refuge in snide 1-liners, by:

Posting another snide 1-liner – thanks for proving my point

I've seen above and not found anything of any relevance from you that shows that his point about youth unemployment was incorrect as you stated.
So you're wrong, again.
Don't bother replying if you're just going to post a cryptic smart arse comment.

The employment statistics were a good indicator of the economic and social well being of a nation in the not too distant past, now with the gig economy, hire and fire, part time, low pay, insecure jobs, not so much.

It was a given that the fastest route out of poverty was a job, so the USA used to be lauded for its ability to create jobs and we aped their system, only to find out that quantity is trumped by quality, if a future of low paid insecure jobs is all that is on offer for a large number of young people, then we as a country are in trouble.

I quoted myself to provide you with the content against which you made your latest shallow/snide remark - which was:

That it is the likes West Dids, myself and many others on this forum, that - the purists are adamant should be purged from Labour as they are not pure enough of thinking.

Of course you are one of those purists and as you seem to not be able to debate and only post rambling mantra and snide 1-liners I am not surprised that you have again not been able to address the issue and just hide behind shallowness.

And of course - by the same token - might people not wonder that - you thought it was good idea to respond to my post pointing out that you have no capacity to debate honestly, but cannot just ignore posts, so you just take refuge in snide 1-liners, by:

Posting another snide 1-liner – thanks for proving my point

You post these gobbets over and over again, with no reference to anything other than your own prejudices, debating with you is a waste of time because you occupy an alternate reality devoid of facts.

I hold you in contempt because you are the worst poster in here by a country mile, you never engage in debate, never back up your assertions with anything other than your total ignorance.

What is happening in the Labour party is a consequences of forces both within the party but more importantly in the country as a whole, Your black and white world of baddy fundamentalists with rigid unbending ideology purging those of more temperate and moderate views is Daily Mailism bullshit, so lacking in any analysis it should be written in crayon, it's not just wrong, but dangerously wrong. Nothing you post regarding Labour is grounded in reality, absolutely nothing, it is just badly written reactionary bollocks blurted out to the gallery, megaphone posts, for the decreasing number in here who give a shit what you say.

The employment statistics were a good indicator of the economic and social well being of a nation in the not too distant past, now with the gig economy, hire and fire, part time, low pay, insecure jobs, not so much.

It was a given that the fastest route out of poverty was a job, so the USA used to be lauded for its ability to create jobs and we aped their system, only to find out that quantity is trumped by quality, if a future of low paid insecure jobs is all that is on offer for a large number of young people, then we as a country are in trouble.
That is a fair point, however it doesn't make the clear statement that youth unemployment is at historic lows incorrect as you stated.

So youth unemployment, along with general unemployment is at an all time low, but we're going to be in
trouble because they're apparently not being paid enough. Maybe it's best we return to the usual upturn in unemployment
that happens with every Labour government; 40 hours a week at minimum wage will pay you around £300 quid a week,
not a Kings ransom, but better than about £75.
I know what being in the shit financially feels like, I think I'd prefer option one.

How do you get quality if you go down the Corbyn route to impose higher taxes, a much higher minimum wage and a generally anti-business approach to the economy? If I put your taxes and household costs up tenfold would you say well with this news I will get myself a new car....

If Corbyn increased all these things but reduced corporation tax to allow for companies to pay for it and/or gave them relief in NI for example then that would be a credible and highly logical policy. His imbalance is the reason why no-one can take him seriously. In the words of the chancellor, how will we afford it: "we just will"....

I look forward to seeing how say a local steel company will benefit from a drastic increase in staffing costs and how in the end that will result in faster wage growth and better jobs.

Unfortunately you cannot force businesses into a system where they must pay people more as well as continuing to employ more people. Naturally the Corbyn solution for this is to have the benefit system capture the rest paid for by the people who are working.... Seems like a far more unfair system to the one now.

That is a fair point, however it doesn't make the clear statement that youth unemployment is at historic lows incorrect as you stated.

What I posted was....
So everything is alright, except the facts say otherwise.

Which means that youth unemployment may well be at an historic low, but that does not mean, of itself, that "everything is alright".

We have a government that hails those youth employment figures as an unalloyed good and leaves the general public to come to their own conclusions, but those conclusions are stuck in the past, because employment ain't what it used to be.

How do you get quality if you go down the Corbyn route to impose higher taxes, a much higher minimum wage and a generally anti-business approach to the economy? If I put your taxes and household costs up tenfold would you say well with this news I will get myself a new car....

If Corbyn increased all these things but reduced corporation tax to allow for companies to pay for it and/or gave them relief in NI for example then that would be a credible and highly logical policy. His imbalance is the reason why no-one can take him seriously. In the words of the chancellor, how will we afford it: "we just will"....

I look forward to seeing how say a local steel company will benefit from a drastic increase in staffing costs and how in the end that will result in faster wage growth and better jobs.

Unfortunately you cannot force businesses into a system where they must pay people more as well as continuing to employ more people. Naturally the Corbyn solution for this is to have the benefit system capture the rest paid for by the people who are working.... Seems like a far more unfair system to the one now.

Worth giving it a go....

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/creating-economy-works/

Otherwise we deliver parcels and flip burgers and live off the crumbs that fall off the corporate table.

You post these gobbets over and over again, with no reference to anything other than your own prejudices, debating with you is a waste of time because you occupy an alternate reality devoid of facts.

I hold you in contempt because you are the worst poster in here by a country mile, you never engage in debate, never back up your assertions with anything other than your total ignorance.

What is happening in the Labour party is a consequences of forces both within the party but more importantly in the country as a whole, Your black and white world of baddy fundamentalists with rigid unbending ideology purging those of more temperate and moderate views is Daily Mailism bullshit, so lacking in any analysis it should be written in crayon, it's not just wrong, but dangerously wrong. Nothing you post regarding Labour is grounded in reality, absolutely nothing, it is just badly written reactionary bollocks blurted out to the gallery, megaphone posts, for the decreasing number in here who give a shit what you say.
You can ramble as much as you want - but it only demonstrates your incoherence and lack of honesty.

Really - no reference:

You have been pulled up for your views about how the Labour party should shed itself of voters 'not pure enough' previously - not just by me but also by plenty of others. In the General Politics thread there were a number of examples of it.

You just ranting on and on when you get exposed for being 'less than honest' is just, I suggest, a desperate attempt at denial/distraction. I would doubt that it fools anyone that is objective. Even those of the same view as you, whilst perhaps wanting to support you, i would think know that you are not being truthful.

I cannot access the GP thread now to lift examples but Damocles called you out correctly IMO when, within one of his posts on the 'Pay to see Corbyn thread he said:

"..................I can't stand "the likes of you" because you're apologists for terrible behaviour both within the Party and outside of it. It doesn't matter what the Party does or says or acts or votes or anything. All that matters is that as long as your unpopular and unelectable agenda is being served then you defend, defend, defend. And after some of your posts since Corbyn has been elected towards me, @blueinsa, and many other traditionally Labour voters..........."

and

"So yes, of course I'm angry with Labour. I think you're not only sat around philosophising about the Party direction and attempting to purge impurity but much, much more importantly than that, I think you're hypocrites who claim that you care for the working classes and the extreme poor but aren't willing to sacrifice an inch of ideology in order to attract the voters that will put us in a position where we can stop it. Your ideology is more important to you than the people. You're in this for the wrong reasons"

I hope that I am not breaking any forum rules by quoting another poster from another thread - if so - please someone advise and I will remove the quote.

But you see it is not - as you claim - that I post with nothing ".....other than your own prejudices......".

I just am willing to out hypocrisy for what it is. As I say your ranting is to no avail - too many on here are fully aware of your narrow views and prejudices. Your style to just shout others down will not be successful - because no amount of shouting can detract from the simple fact that the point that I was making to West Dids - not you - was fully correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.