Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep said that young players don't get the same experience they get in B teams abroad etc...

Now with a run on meaningless games to give the kids like Foden, Diaz and Nmencha some experience they barely get off the bench.

It's abundantly obvious these players on not in the long term plans.

I fully expect at least 2 of them to be loaned out to get experience.

These kids are too good, have to much potential to be wasting their time on the bench or not making the squad.
Behave,they are in our plans but they are babies they will get their turn

Behave,they are in our plans but they are babies they will get their turn
Won't believe they'll get a chance before I see it. I can see us signing a CDM/CM this summer that will put Foden even further down the pecking order. I'd love to be proven wrong but I doubt Diaz will ever get a fair chance here and don't think Foden will get more than 300 minutes in the PL next season. Pep has becoming as frustrating as Pellegrini regarding our academy kids.

Foden is absolutely tiny. There aren't many players with his stature starting league games in centre midfield let alone at 17 years old. Despite the hype around him and Diaz; Adarabioyo and Zinchenko were a lot more impressive in the matches they played together. Not much benefit to playing at the moment if he's just shrugged off the ball every time like he was against Leicester and Basel. Needs to slap on some muscle like McTominay at United.

Last edited:
silva, de bruyne anyone really in attack... why not. we played a 'weaker team last night. the reality is the games a bit of a friendly and as i said he isn't going to make us weaker and think we ( some fans) need to stop being so scared of playing youngsters.

just like last night i think we will play a weaker team against southampton anyway.

Really? a chance to place the bar so high it will probably never be touched again and you consider it a friendly

Foden is absolutely tiny. There aren't many players with his stature starting league games in centre midfield let alone at 17 years old. Despite the hype around him and Diaz; Adarabioyo and Zinchenko were a lot more impressive in the matches they played together. Not much benefit to playing at the moment if he's just shrugged off the ball every time like he was against Leicester and Basel. Needs to slap on some muscle like McTominay at United.

He looked class when he came on against Swansea, his physique isn’t a problem. Mctominay needs to learn how to play football, fuck the muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.