Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a young lad with his career in front of him. Glad he got his medal but the 100 points was more important.

He is a young lad with his career in front of him. Glad he got his medal but the 100 points was more important.

I think it's hard to quantify just how much Foden and Diaz winning the league, getting medals and breaking records doing it will mean to any 15 and 16 year olds who are wondering if they should join Sancho and the other ex-pats (like Rhian Brewster at Liverpool seems to be doing) or staying at the club.

Not to mention it wasn't that long ago @twosips said some of the staff at the academy were becoming disheartened and disillusioned about the lack of progress kids were making, and I'm sure this will be a big milestone for them as well.

In the long run I don't know if 100 points would be more important, but I don't have to choose, we did both!

I think it's hard to quantify just how much Foden and Diaz winning the league, getting medals and breaking records doing it will mean to any 15 and 16 year olds who are wondering if they should join Sancho and the other ex-pats (like Rhian Brewster at Liverpool seems to be doing) or staying at the club.

Not to mention it wasn't that long ago @twosips said some of the staff at the academy were becoming disheartened and disillusioned about the lack of progress kids were making, and I'm sure this will be a big milestone for them as well.

In the long run I don't know if 100 points would be more important, but I don't have to choose, we did both!
Its wonderful that we have both of course. Who knows though, he has now won something that many top, top players have never won. Is that better for his ongoing development? Will it make him more likely to stick around? Time will tell. I hope because he is a blue, he will stay and have a fantastic career with us. In my own mind though, I cannot square the circle of having a conveyor belt of kids becoming ready for the first team and the imperative that comes with being a top 3/4 global team that needs to stay on top. No other team has ever done it other than Barca over a specific period. I am actually fine with the academy being a professional football factory that is measured as much on the transfer revenue it produces than the number of youngsters that breakthrough into our first team. If we can get one or two through in the next three seasons we will have done very well.

Its wonderful that we have both of course. Who knows though, he has now won something that many top, top players have never won. Is that better for his ongoing development? Will it make him more likely to stick around? Time will tell. I hope because he is a blue, he will stay and have a fantastic career with us. In my own mind though, I cannot square the circle of having a conveyor belt of kids becoming ready for the first team and the imperative that comes with being a top 3/4 global team that needs to stay on top. No other team has ever done it other than Barca over a specific period. I am actually fine with the academy being a professional football factory that is measured as much on the transfer revenue it produces than the number of youngsters that breakthrough into our first team. If we can get one or two through in the next three seasons we will have done very well.

A World Cup & Premierleague winner before you’ve even turned 18!!
The boy has the world at his feet...literally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.