Sporting CP meltdown

BigOscar

After last nights loss to Atletico in the EL, Sporting (Lisbon) have gone into absolute meltdown seemingly out of nowhere.

President Bruno de Carvalho decided to send out a facebook post trashing the players, saying they didn't try, were useless and the ones who got yellows ruling them out of the second leg did it on purpose to avoid having to play again.

The players then responded by not turning up to training all putting out the same social media message saying how annoyed they were. Not to be out done, Carvalho has responded by suspending all 19 players who posted the message, leaving them with only Bas Dost available for their game on Monday, due to him not having any social media accounts.

Carvalho is a bit of a nutter, famous for calling the West Ham owners the dildo brothers and refusing to give the third party any money in the Marcos Rojo deal, but even for him this seems a bit mental!

Jan Hagen (@PortuBall) has a great thread on it, it's genuinely bizarre

After last nights loss to Atletico in the EL, Sporting (Lisbon) have gone into absolute meltdown seemingly out of nowhere.

President Bruno de Carvalho decided to send out a facebook post trashing the players, saying they didn't try, were useless and the ones who got yellows ruling them out of the second leg did it on purpose to avoid having to play again.

The players then responded by not turning up to training all putting out the same social media message saying how annoyed they were. Not to be out done, Carvalho has responded by suspending all 19 players who posted the message, leaving them with only Bas Dost available for their game on Monday, due to him not having any social media accounts.

Carvalho is a bit of a nutter, famous for calling the West Ham owners the dildo brothers and refusing to give the third party any money in the Marcos Rojo deal, but even for him this seems a bit mental!

Jan Hagen (@PortuBall) has a great thread on it, it's genuinely bizarre
Mahbe that Leao kid will play then

Most likely is that Carvalho is forced to resign, but he only won reelection earlier this year iirc and has generally, despite his random outbursts, done a great job for Sporting. This is what I love about Portuguese football btw, shit happens all the time

Figured I'd bump this as they are at it again. This time they shambolically lost points on the final day so miss out on the CL spot. First there are reports that the always fun chairman has thrown a hissy fit and thrown out the manager and all the coaches, which he denies later. Then it emerges that a group of 50 or so fans turned up in masks, invaded the training ground, trashed the place and assaulted the players, leaving star tap in merchant Bas Dost with a nasty head wound after being kicked in the head, which rules him out of the cup final.

Never change Portuguese football, never change

Figured I'd bump this as they are at it again. This time they shambolically lost points on the final day so miss out on the CL spot. First there are reports that the always fun chairman has thrown a hissy fit and thrown out the manager and all the coaches, which he denies later. Then it emerges that a group of 50 or so fans turned up in masks, invaded the training ground, trashed the place and assaulted the players, leaving star tap in merchant Bas Dost with a nasty head wound after being kicked in the head, which rules him out of the cup final.

Never change Portuguese football, never change
Injuring their only player! Now who's going to go in net?

There are about 50 wanna be hardmen wearing hoodies and masks hanging around the training ground willing to give it a go I reckon.
It would be hilarious if the Pres laid down a challenge to a team selected from the fans to give it a go for one game. I'm sure he could greece a few palms to 'arrange' for some emergency measures due to having had to suspend his entire staff (for the good of the sport, you understand).

Imagine if we'd have been this fanatical in the farcial Alan Ball years..

Or bleak times of Stuart Pearce's tenure?

Suggestions please!

For mine, Stuart Pearce would have woken up with that beanie horse's head in his bed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.