Ireland Cricket Test debut

i am guessing a certain Blue be at it today Law74
Aye, I was down on Friday, didn't see a ball bowled but hey, not the first time I have went to Dublin and watched the rain fall.
Phoned into work this morning and took a days leave to watch it, another 40 or so could have been interesting, but in the end not to be, but an historic occasion, and my 170 mile round trip didn't seem as bad when I heard of a Cricket fan that flew from the USA for Friday and was flying out of Dublin airport on Saturday morning.
One of the T20 games against India next month almost sold out (last 500 tickets released), but I will be sticking to the club game until Afghanistan come for 5 ODI's at the end of August

Aye, I was down on Friday, didn't see a ball bowled but hey, not the first time I have went to Dublin and watched the rain fall.
Phoned into work this morning and took a days leave to watch it, another 40 or so could have been interesting, but in the end not to be, but an historic occasion, and my 170 mile round trip didn't seem as bad when I heard of a Cricket fan that flew from the USA for Friday and was flying out of Dublin airport on Saturday morning.
One of the T20 games against India next month almost sold out (last 500 tickets released), but I will be sticking to the club game until Afghanistan come for 5 ODI's at the end of August

Thats shit to hear Law74. I was thinking to myself if there is 1 guy that be there it would of been you lol. Yet your day was washed out typical Dublin weather. Sure they gave rain for today and it didnt turn up until after the game was over. Sure I be honest when i could i dipped into the game. Not too sure if it will take off with the kids but today the Cricket Ireland should of went out to all the local primary schools and given away a load of free tickets to them to go and watch it. Cricket competing with the monsters of GAA Hurling and Football and on top of that football and rugby with boxing too its a hard sell. I dont know when the next test games are for Ireland but they just need to give away a lot of freebies to win fans over.

Also just like rugby when it went from am to pro I think if Cricket Ireland can do what the IRFU has done then they could go and do well. I dont think anyone is expecting Ireland to be smashing the elite teams any time soon. But i am guessing with some teams already we might be competitive in Ireland its just about getting that first win and seeing what confidence it brings to the players. Also try and invest in the local games around as much as possible.

I think with some players maybe only have a few years left in them. Cricket Ireland need to do everything possible to keep them involved in the game here. Be it as ambassadors for the game or coaching the under age teams involved in the set up. I honestly dont know if the public down south will take to cricket in general but with time and a lot of promotion involved then who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.