Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t mean to infer that he isn’t an excellent player. I would merely be surprised if he comes close to reproducing similar form
and stats next season.

So will I.

If he does then he is actually in the genuine 'world top player' bracket, not after one season playing for a team under no pressure of expectation to win anything whatsoever.

Says the deal for Roberts will unlock Mahrez to ourselves

Says the deal for Roberts will unlock Mahrez to ourselves

This might be bullshit but it would actually tick all the boxes as regards to being possible.

It's unlikely Celtic would have had any release clause in Roberts' loan deal, so any (rumoured) discussions in Jan, would have been about a summer move.

We were definitely in for Mahrez & he still presumably wants to come.

We have already done a deal with Leicester for Iheanacho, involving a release clause, which we would very likely require again in case Roberts turns into George Best.

Roberts has told Celtic he wants to play in the Prem (so therefore likely has either been told City want him or has another destination in mind, otherwise he would keep his options open).

Celtic have barely used him in recent times, possibly out of respect, looking after him because they don't need him & know there is a future transfer deal dependant on it.

This might be bullshit but it would actually tick all the boxes as regards to being possible.

It's unlikely Celtic would have had any release clause in Roberts' loan deal, so any (rumoured) discussions in Jan, would have been about a summer move.

We were definitely in for Mahrez & he still presumably wants to come.

We have already done a deal with Leicester for Iheanacho, involving a release clause, which we would very likely require again in case Roberts turns into George Best.

Roberts has told Celtic he wants to play in the Prem (so therefore likely has either been told City want him or has another destination in mind, otherwise he would keep his options open).

Celtic have barely used him in recent times, possibly out of respect, looking after him because they don't need him & know there is a future transfer deal dependant on it.

Has Roberts not been injured a lot this season? I reckon we only have about 100 million net to shell out this summer so cost will be an issue but we are in a strong position and I am confident we can improve in areas we need to. I would not be adverse to Mahrez if he falls into the 50/60 million band. If Roberts enters into the equation I can see this deal happening. If it does transpire I would say it will be a pre WC deal.

It should be head to head without additional fees involved.

Mehrez 27
Roberts 21

Roberts have the potential to be as good as Mehrez.
+1 for the 'Meh' in Mehrez if you intentioned it.

Genuinely a signing akin to a horizontal pass which we'll all come to question when we get knocked out in the UCL yet again for not having enough game-changing forwards in a cup competition format.

Has Roberts not been injured a lot this season? I reckon we only have about 100 million net to shell out this summer so cost will be an issue but we are in a strong position and I am confident we can improve in areas we need to. I would not be adverse to Mahrez if he falls into the 50/60 million band. If Roberts enters into the equation I can see this deal happening. If it does transpire I would say it will be a pre WC deal.

Roberts missed a lot of games due to injury but then came back & has not figured very much since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.