General Wrestling Thread

WWE is boring now. Bring back the days of ecw when none of this pc malarkey was about. Randy Orton Rkoing Stacy kiebler was wwe at its best. The storylines are boring as well, Roman reigns v brock lesnar? No thanks they have faced each other many times and it’s always the same outcome.

I'm still bitter about the Invasion angle. As an 11 year old watcher of WWF and WCW I can remember nearly shitting myself when Booker T interrupted a WWF match. So much potential and sadly mainly downhill from there.

It was a waste. The problem was that the biggest WCW star's contracts were with the main Turner company and not the WCW entity, so they could stay at home and get paid their millions without doing anything. If WWF had honoured those deals it would have disrupted their existing wage structure which they weren't willing to do and that's assuming Hogan, Nash etc would have even been willing to not just ride out their existing deals.

Instead they rushed ahead with the Invasion angle and instead of Hogan, Hall and Nash we got Buff Bagwell and Chuck Palumbo etc. By the time the big stars' deals had run out and they were ready to sign new ones with WWF, the storyline had been running for ages and it had got convoluted and boring by then.

It was still pretty exciting at the time, Shane McMahon showing up on Nitro was an amazing moment and Booker T putting Stone Cold through a table for Jericho to become the undisputed champion was cool. We eventually got Rock vs Hogan and all that stuff but you are right, in hindsight they did blow it.

It was a waste. The problem was that the biggest WCW star's contracts were with the main Turner company and not the WCW entity, so they could stay at home and get paid their millions without doing anything. If WWF had honoured those deals it would have disrupted their existing wage structure which they weren't willing to do and that's assuming Hogan, Nash etc would have even been willing to not just ride out their existing deals.

Instead they rushed ahead with the Invasion angle and instead of Hogan, Hall and Nash we got Buff Bagwell and Chuck Palumbo etc. By the time the big stars' deals had run out and they were ready to sign new ones with WWF, the storyline had been running for ages and it had got convoluted and boring by then.

It was still pretty exciting at the time, Shane McMahon showing up on Nitro was an amazing moment and Booker T putting Stone Cold through a table for Jericho to become the undisputed champion was cool. We eventually got Rock vs Hogan and all that stuff but you are right, in hindsight they did blow it.

too many issues including wcw contracts ruined it.

The unmasking of DDP was one of my favourite wrestling memories. And what they do? Turned him into a jobber. One of the best WCW talents available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.