Top 6 clubs close to claiming majority of tv rights

Manchester_lalala

I think this has been discussed on here over the past few months, but we’re claimed to be the club that have led the way, particularly Soriano. After years of being skint and seeing the same teams in the top four year after year, im a bit uneasy with it. For everything the club have done for City and the fans, I don’t think Soriano and the rest of the board have any sort of connection with us. Raising the season ticket prices year after year, especially this seasons hike when it turns out the club would only be making a small amount of revenue extra, trying to take money off the smaller clubs so we can be richer. Just seems they’re trying to grab every last penny they can. It’s about time we had a negative thread after all this happiness and positivity over the past few weeks, so here you are.

I think this has been discussed on here over the past few months, but we’re claimed to be the club that have led the way, particularly Soriano. After years of being skint and seeing the same teams in the top four year after year, im a bit uneasy with it. For everything the club have done for City and the fans, I don’t think Soriano and the rest of the board have any sort of connection with us. Raising the season ticket prices year after year, especially this seasons hike when it turns out the club would only making a small amount of revenue extra, trying to take money off the smaller clubs so we can be richer. Just seems they’re trying to grab every last penny they can. It’s about time we had a negative thread after all this happiness and positivity over the past few weeks, so here you are.

You've got to do what you can to increase your advantage. Don't forget many clubs opted in favour of FFP as an attempt to stop us. We owe nobody nothing.

It was always going to happen sooner or later. Are we happy to have crossed the bridge before it’s raised or do we see this as potentially another nail in the coffin for traditional support and competition?

Surely a European league is on its way anyway which will only make the rich clubs richer and leave the rest behind. The rich/popular clubs globally are bound to want the lions share of the tv money.

Personally I don’t like it and I’d love a competition that’s not affected hugely by how much money you’ve got. I would have said that 20 years ago too but the rich clubs have always been greedy which has stifled a lot of the competition in the leagues.

We can't stand still, we have to push forward to get to the top that's what the rest have done, the people that run our club now what it takes to achieve that.
If we want trophies every year this is what you have to do.

It started donkeys years ago
At one time gate reciepts were split evenly .That soon got changed
The Premiership made clubs even greedier .For some it no longer a case of supporting a football club more like supporting a brand

As much as I love the club, this leaves me feeling a little uneasy.

We’ve been incredibly fortunate as fans and as a club to end up where we are now. Anything that gets in the way of that happening to another club in the future isn’t good in my books. That’s ffp, a European league with no promotion/relegation or syphoning off revenue to a handful of the top clubs.

Clubs should be allowed to do whatever they want to get to the top, assuming everyone has the same opportunities. Changing the way tv rights payments are handed out changes that opportunity too much in my book.

Its the reality of the situation. Wether we like it or not, the top 6 are the TV draw. I would rather we were proactive in shaping our future rather than waiting for it to be shaped for us. Thats a different question than the club increasing season ticket prices. I hope the club changes its strategy and: extends the north stand, introduces safe standing, prioritises value season tickets for under 24. Goes all out to reconnect and bring back the core local support that has been lost because of affordability. I believe they could do all of that without bending their financial plan too far out of shape and it would make a huge difference. The increase in TV revenues would obviously go a long way to funding that.

You've got to do what you can to increase your advantage. Don't forget many clubs opted in favour of FFP as an attempt to stop us. We owe nobody nothing.

Yes I agree with you, sort of. But raising the season ticket prices every year is fucking shite. I think the club will earn an approximately extra £1,000,000 from next seasons raise, that’s what I read of here anyway. The rake in millions from tv deals and sponsorships, yet they keep carrying on trying to milk money out of everyone. I’m not really arsed to much about us receiving more money than the clubs outside the top 6, but we’re becoming a club that I would have hated before we got taken over. You don’t really think about it to much, because we’ve been gifted with some brilliant football mainly thanks to our owners. But where does all this end? Instead of trying to pinch money off each other, why dont all the clubs in the league come to an agreement for set ticket prices at a lower rate? Wishful thinking, but it would be nice to see Soriano front running for something like that.

The rest of the clubs tried to stiff us on Premier League FFP so I'd like to say stuff 'em. (at the time only Villa, Fulham & Southampton were against Premier League FFP). But two wrongs don't make a right so no - I'm against it. Indeed i think earnings should go DOWN the higher up the Premier Leaguec teams finish.
(Note: Premier League FFP is different than UEFA FFP.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.