Water

Probably because once everyone has one the companies can start to push prices for everyone up.
Sure,you'll get charged for what you use but the price per litre will increase.
Sky telly was cheap when it first started as well.
Ah. A conspiracy theory.

E0550330-Global_water_and_air_volume-SPL.jpg

Caption: Global water and air volume. Conceptual computer artwork of the total volume of water on Earth (left) and of air in the Earth's atmosphere (right) shown as spheres (blue and pink). The spheres show how finite water and air supplies are. The water sphere measures 1390 kilometres across and has a volume of 1.4 billion cubic kilometres. This includes all the water in the oceans, seas, ice caps, lakes and rivers as well as ground water, and that in the atmosphere. The air sphere measures 1999 kilometres across and weighs 5140 trillion tonnes. As the atmosphere extends from Earth it becomes less dense. Half of the air lies within the first 5 kilometres of the atmosphere.

E0550330-Global_water_and_air_volume-SPL.jpg

Caption: Global water and air volume. Conceptual computer artwork of the total volume of water on Earth (left) and of air in the Earth's atmosphere (right) shown as spheres (blue and pink). The spheres show how finite water and air supplies are. The water sphere measures 1390 kilometres across and has a volume of 1.4 billion cubic kilometres. This includes all the water in the oceans, seas, ice caps, lakes and rivers as well as ground water, and that in the atmosphere. The air sphere measures 1999 kilometres across and weighs 5140 trillion tonnes. As the atmosphere extends from Earth it becomes less dense. Half of the air lies within the first 5 kilometres of the atmosphere.
And to think that **** Duncan Castles is wasting both.

The water shortage is going to be felt more significantly in hot countries, but that has ramifications for the UK too.
To be honest anyone still eating red meat or drinking cows milk (when there are perfectly good alternatives out there) has their head firmly buried in the sand about making any changes.

What's wrong with eating and drinking cow? Alternatives? Head in sand? Sanctimonious twat.

I cant see any logic in what your saying. Or have I just had too many beers in the sun this afternoon? Because there are leaks out of which water is being lost and this annoys you, you are going to use what you want instead of what you need? And people being on water meters means they can charge more?
Im sorry, I dont follow that.

well the story is that because of water "shortages" that are predicted because of the over stretch placed on supply ( mostly SE of England I suspect ) the govt is to set out recommended water usage limits per person per day in the UK. However as the water industry admits to losing one third of the daily UK populations daily requirement my annoyance and argument is why not stop the leaks before you look to ultimately restrict the whole of the UK for what is basically a SE based problem anyway. The industry answer is get everyone on meters - probably because they can then charge more like all utilities - rather than actually attend to the leaks first.

Does not alter the facts...sometimes it's cheaper not to repair a leak.Without this rule, your bill would go up.
If its a sensible rule, it would exist whether water was privatised or not.

I don't doubt bills would go up. I am aware of a thing called inflation. However I was answering a poster who mentioned offwat protecting the consumer and pointing out that like all other ...wats the Govt sets them up and sets their terms of reference. We now have ministers telling us the energy markets are not working despite the presence of bodies like offgem so relying on them is futile. If the water co's can get us all on meters then you just watch the price per unit...like gas and leccy .... increase and being on a meter will no longer be cheaper than those who are not - the important thing being there will be nobody not on a meter to prove it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.