Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen of him (not as much as others admittedly), he will help diffuse the pressure if teams press us high up the pitch because he has the composure and passing range to find a free player and and break us out of the press, and put the opposition on the turn. I also like his lofted passes which could accurately release Sterling and Sane in those situations without needing to make 2 or 3 passes. Another positive attribute is his standing tackles, which i think will be very effective around the edge of our box to dispossess the opposition, which i think Gundogan and Fern are a bit weak at.
Quality,cheers.

I think he is more impressive over an extended period of viewing. Coz he doesn't do much spectacular stuff. Just keeps the ball and himself moving constantly and consistently.

Overtime, the effect is the team he is on plays better and more smoothly.

Sounds a bit like a more refined/athletic version of Barry.

I don't know any stats but just going off what I see KDB seems to me the most likely of our midfielders to lose the ball, granted it's not often and usually he is trying a riskier pass, but I'm sure he loses possession the most, he isn't great at winning it back either seems to have a sort of sideway tackling style. As I said though the stats will probably now show I'm wrong.

More so than Fernandinho? I dunno about that one.

If Jorginho can help in this area we will be better off against the high press as has been mentioned.

Perfect appraisal.

I would argue Jorginho AND Fernandinho would eliminate a few more of those brain farts, when coupled also with KDB's running?

The margins for error will always increase when Gundogan is in the midfield three - the defeats correlate with his inclusion. Much more effective arriving on the edge of the penalty area, doesn't have the engine or appetite for screening.

We've come to appreciate so much about Fernandinho's defensive capabilities since he was here,but he plays a completely different way from his time with Shakhtar.

He could be a very potent weapon breaking between the lines if he's got licence to. You know his engine will also ensure he gets back in and reinforces Jorginho's options to collect from the central defenders.

Yes, I've posted very similar thoughts elsewhere.

Of course Fern is older now & it's some years since he played that role but I hope we see it tried out.

I think he was the most successful midfield dribbler in europe just before we signed him & made him Yaya's carer.

Joao Santos (ag. Jorginho) to Radio Kiss Kiss: "Jorginho is still a Napoli player and has not signed anything. Napoli and Manchester City are meeting and continuing to talk. We must understand if Ancelotti even wants him. The player likes Guardiola and also other coaches."

Taken from City Watch on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.