The 2017/18 Myths Debunked Thread

Heisenberg's Blue Sky

Watching Josh's stream with 85k others online
After an amazing season where City became the Centurians, smashed all manner of records, played amazing football, proved doubters wrong and won two trophies it has also revealed some realities of the PL when peel away the media bullshit and debunked some long held beliefs. So fellow Blues. What myths have been debunked for you now and still?
Light hearted or serious is up to you.
I'll start you off... debunked myths

- the dippers have the best fans in the world
- the united way
- Pep won't cut it in the PL

Have fun... :)

The final nails in the coffins of:

‘Our players play for the club, not the money’ - Sanchez blew the last shredded and wrecked piece of that out of the water.

‘City’s defence can be got at’ - laughable, as this was still being trotted out as the 18 unbeaten run unfolded.

‘The United way’ - it never was, other than the strangely regular occurrences of ‘fergie time’.

‘The Arabs will get bored’ - I look forward to the takeover 10th anniversary celebrations.

‘The club is the only one funded by related dodgy despicable regimes’ - Russia and Saudi are clearly paragons of virtue.

‘The scaffold/cup final games are always packed out’ - pictures must be all photoshopped these days

‘They are the only ones with dubious commercial deals’ - Chevrolet pulls over and flashes lights, pops its trunk

‘City are on PEDs , they run everywhere more than anyone’ - but they don’t, they only run ‘whilst in possession’ more than anyone else ... because they have the ball more than anyone else.

... off the top of head.

However I doubt these are nails , as we’ll see them reeled out ad infinitum till we are 2 more decades down the line.

The final nails in the coffins of:

‘Our players play for the club, not the money’ - Sanchez blew the last shredded and wrecked piece of that out of the water.

‘City’s defence can be got at’ - laughable, as this was still being trotted out as the 18 unbeaten run unfolded.

‘The United way’ - it never was, other than the strangely regular occurrences of ‘fergie time’.

‘The Arabs will get bored’ - I look forward to the takeover 10th anniversary celebrations.

‘The club is the only one funded by related dodgy despicable regimes’ - Russia and Saudi are clearly paragons of virtue.

‘The scaffold/cup final games are always packed out’ - pictures must be all photoshopped these days

‘They are the only ones with dubious commercial deals’ - Chevrolet pulls over and flashes lights, pops its trunk

‘City are on PEDs , they run everywhere more than anyone’ - but they don’t, they only run ‘whilst in possession’ more than anyone else ... because they have the ball more than anyone else.

... off the top of head.

However I doubt these are nails , as we’ll see them reeled out ad infinitum till we are 2 more decades down the line.

Top post Blue.

au89af.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.