Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

Genuine question.
Are you prepared to forego breaking the 100 points barrier and guard of honour etc to give the yoof a good run in the team?
That may be the price we pay.

Surely if the idea of giving the youth players a run out is in the interest of developing them for the future and also to rest senior players for Champions league games then both of those things are easily more important than a guard of honour? I really don't understand people's fixation with a guard of honour. Totally meaningless, albeit quite funny if United had to do it (but they'd probably decline anyway). It's a moot point anyway as the OP is saying they want to play the youngsters if the league is won with 4 games to go (in which case the guard of honour would still be a thing).

It would be nice to break the points record, but i don't think that would be prioritised over resting players for Champions League games if needed.

Surely if the idea of giving the youth players a run out is in the interest of developing them for the future and also to rest senior players for Champions league games then both of those things are easily more important than a guard of honour? I really don't understand people's fixation with a guard of honour. Totally meaningless, albeit quite funny if United had to do it (but they'd probably decline anyway). It's a moot point anyway as the OP is saying they want to play the youngsters if the league is won with 4 games to go (in which case the guard of honour would still be a thing).

It would be nice to break the points record, but i don't think that would be prioritised over resting players for Champions League games if needed.

I agree but those little victories are there for the taking and I get the feeling that the "strongest XI" brigade would be grumbling if we passed over the chance to achieve them.

Last edited:
Despite missing the last couple of games with injury,he has made the tournament team.

Let’s boil some piss and sign the other 10 up
On another point we’ll done Tommy, hopefully a star in the making, imagine our central mid in 6 years having Doyle & Foden as regulars

Could he play #6?

I'm slightly concerned that him being so close to Foden in age is gonna end up in them competing against each other at a position where we are already stacked with Silva, Silva, KDB and Gundogan.

If he ended up at the base of our midfield instesd of as one of the two 8's hed have a much easier path to the first team.

Could he play #6?

I'm slightly concerned that him being so close to Foden in age is gonna end up in them competing against each other at a position where we are already stacked with Silva, Silva, KDB and Gundogan.

If he ended up at the base of our midfield instesd of as one of the two 8's hed have a much easier path to the first team.
He's only just 17 ,don't know his position but doubt he'll really be competing with David who's winding down, probably not Gundogan either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.