Greatest premier league team

Plus back in the day, if you were a good side all you had to do was get a lead and pass it back to your goalkeeper for the rest of the game.
"One nil to the Arsenal!"

I've just been looking at that invincibles season stats. As many say they drew 12 games that season which isn't that great and also I make it(by eye) 14 of their wins where the difference was only a single goal.

That's 2/3's of their games that season where they either drew or only one goal decided it.

Statistically the best Liverpool side was 1978-79 (Pre Grobbelaar but not Souness) at 3 points for a win they get 98 points but at 2 points for a win they get 68 points (as we would at 2 points for a win) but having played 4 less games less we have a points percentage of 87.72% compared with Liverpool's 80.05%.

BTW what are you going to do about the pass back rule in the match up game?

Today's rules and pitches. The Tardis would transport the Scousers to the future.

"One nil to the Arsenal!"

I've just been looking at that invincibles season stats. As many say they drew 12 games that season which isn't that great and also I make it(by eye) 14 of their wins where the difference was only a single goal.

That's 2/3's of their games that season where they either drew or only one goal decided it.

I think City's achievement this season was superior to going unbeaten. City went out to try and win every game they played. I don't have any memories of Arsenal games from that season - not even vs City - but I imagine there were a few where they ended up focusing on not losing.

I just hope, as I'm sure we all do, that City go on and prove in the next few season's that they truly are a remarkable team by building on this season success and keeping up their level of consistency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.