Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

There's undoubtedly antisemitic and anti-Islamic views in the Tory party. But what matters is not so much that they exist but how people who express such views are dealth with by the various parties. That's the test.

Not really.

Conservative Party, byname Tories, in the United Kingdom, a political party whose guiding principles include the promotion of private property and enterprise, the maintenance of a strong military, and the preservation of traditional cultural values and institutions.

The clue is in the "preservation of traditional cultural values".

Not really.

Conservative Party, byname Tories, in the United Kingdom, a political party whose guiding principles include the promotion of private property and enterprise, the maintenance of a strong military, and the preservation of traditional cultural values and institutions.

The clue is in the "preservation of traditional cultural values".
Nah. Survey after survey shows that the vast majority of muslims in this country support traditional British cultural values. The clue is in the word 'values'.

Ah, the old 'Islam is not a race' get out. HOUSE!
Maybe because it isn't? The region with the largest Muslim populous is South East Asia (62%) and they share virtually no connection to Arabian or Indian subcontinental cultures or backgrounds, so you cannot call Islam a race in the same way as you would with Jews/Hebrews which have essentially become synonymous.For example, would you call Christians a race? Of course not.

Am I a Christianophobe for criticising the Christian religion? Am I an Islamophobe for being critical of Islam? Note, being an Islamophobe means being critical of the religion, now being critical of MUSLIMS is an entirely different topic altogether. Criticisms of ideologies does not a racist make.

Maybe because it isn't? The region with the largest Muslim populous is South East Asia (62%) and they share virtually no connection to Arabian or Indian subcontinental cultures or backgrounds, so you cannot call Islam a race in the same way as you would with Jews/Hebrews which have essentially become synonymous.For example, would you call Christians a race? Of course not.

Am I a Christianophobe for criticising the Christian religion? Am I an Islamophobe for being critical of Islam? Note, being an Islamophobe means being critical of the religion, now being critical of MUSLIMS is an entirely different topic altogether. Criticisms of ideologies does not a racist make.
I concur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.