Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I'm Brazilian and I live in Rio de Janeiro. His name is Lucas Paqueta and he plays in Flamengo club. For those who do not know, Flamengo is a club of the Rio de Janeiro state. I'm Vasco da Gama's fan (Flamengo's archrival) and I saw some games in this season. Lucas Paqueta is a great player and with very talent, very strong, but I do not think so cost £ 40 mi and (this moment) helps City. He plays in center offensive midfield or "9 false" (same Messi in Barcelona). I never seen playing box-to-box midfield or your defense's power. Jesus, with 18 years old, was the best striker Brazil and 9 National Team in 2016 and has cost £ 27 mi ... IMO, Paqueta (20 years old, 21 in 2018 August) is not better Foden (18).

It doesn't make sense because we already have KDB, Silva, Gundogan, Bernardo and Foden in that position.

It wound't make sense us spending 100m on Alisson either, by your logic "how does going after one of the most promising goalkeepers in the world not make sense?" Answer - because we're already stacked in that position at every level of experience and age.

You never answered the question either, just "make some room" as if that meant anything.
You can't use the goalkeeper position as an example. There is only 1 on the field at a time.

KDB - hopefully never leaving
Silva - his age is a factor now, Pep has already said his playing time will decrease this year
Gundo - has been good, not great, and still injury prone
Foden - 17 years old. We can't say for sure he is going to be a first team player at this time. he looks very promising though
Bernardo - has been playing on the outside, I think Pep likes him there, there is nothing to show he will be moved inside permanently

I'm not including DM/CM in this list. So we have 4 attacking midfielders. 1 is 32 years old, one is 17 years old and one we are not 100% sold on and injury prone.

How would we NOT be pursuing a young, talented attacking midfielder?

Since he is 20, he would be on the U21 list and not the 25 man list. Could have him in the squad until January and then, eventually loan him to Girona.

Wtf are you all going on about ?

He's 20 years old, so we don't actually have to 'make room' for him, unless we decide to play him in the Champions League.

He would be eligible for domestic football.
As you say, for the Champions League squad we will. We will want him in the side. It would make sense to let Bravo go and first choice somewhere at the end of his career and use either Gunn or Muric as our second choice.

Also, if Zinchenko stays he will be an over 21 foreign player next season.

Last edited:
Welcome.
Good to have informed info.
I'm Brazilian and I live in Rio de Janeiro. His name is Lucas Paqueta and he plays in Flamengo club. For those who do not know, Flamengo is a club of the Rio de Janeiro state. I'm Vasco da Gama's fan (Flamengo's archrival) and I saw some games in this season. Lucas Paqueta is a great player and with very talent, very strong, but I do not think so cost £ 40 mi and (this moment) helps City. He plays in center offensive midfield or "9 false" (same Messi in Barcelona). I never seen playing box-to-box midfield or your defense's power. Jesus, with 18 years old, was the best striker Brazil and 9 National Team in 2016 and has cost £ 27 mi ... IMO, Paqueta (20 years old, 21 in 2018 August) is not better Foden (18).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.