USA, Mexico, Canada win 2026 World Cup hosting rights

Could be a fantastic world cup. Football's much bigger in the US than it was last time.

It’s completely night and day. MLS quality is still far surpassed by the Prem among others but fan enthusiasm levels and atmosphere at certain clubs (Seattle, Portland and Atlanta) is tremendous. And don’t discount Mexico. Fanatics about the sport, Liga MX is huge there and in the US.

Yup, the amount of money and promotion that will be pumped into this is going to be extraordinary I feel. Average stadium size will be over 70k. It's going to be huge.

Seeing as we are a footballing nation anybody under 60 has never witnessed a World Cup in this country, something ain't right.

Americans find it funny when European football clubs moan about travel times. Believe it or not,there's a pretty well-developed airport/airline infrastructure over here; it's not like everyone will be travelling in fucking stagecoaches.
Are you saying that it will be easier than getting away from the Etihad by Metrolink if you stay until the end of the game?

I am eagerly looking forward to the inevitable disappointment of us narrowly missing out, on qualification for this event in North America, and yes, Mexico is classed thus.

I can see me now, bedecked in tartan, eyes flowing tears and weaving a half cut stagger home to batter my wife and children with a buckled belt.

I also foresee the continuing English game of predicting which early round you will fuck it up and the Welsh and Irish knowing their place, just have a right good time.

Meanwhile, after being released from jail for my domestic violence outburst, I will sit and watch it and imagine in my head that glorious day we qualify. This might kick me off again, so bleak is our chances, so, all in it doesn’t look good for old Magic anytime soon.

I’m thinking of going back to following England home & away with the view of doing this World Cup (should we qualify).

Used to love following England between 2006-10. Did quite a few away games during that 4 years but I couldn’t afford to go to South Africa.

City becoming competitive and playing in Europe regular put an end to me following England but I’ve still not developed any kind of passion or affection for the champions league so I might turn my attention back on the dream of seeing England actually do something at a World Cup and use the money I’d spend seeing City in Europe on that.

Seeing a bit of America watching my country of birth compete in the World Cup sounds like a trip I have to do whilst on this place. If we also get the chance to host it 4 years later then providing the current loyalty system is still in place (I.e you go to games you get a higher place in the pecking order) it could set me up nicely for getting tickets for that one too which would beat an American trip by miles.

I know I’ll get slammed by many on here but seeing city win the league is the total pinnacle from a club perspective for me as a supporter and I’ve been lucky to see that happen 3 times now with more likely to come. Winning the European cup just isn’t something that brings out any sort of passion in me but just seeing England compete in the World Cup does.

Wife’s thoughts on this will be interesting lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.