City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1J92FF?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting article on how Etihad like the general airline industry is at a loss. Don't think it affects us . Anyone can tell me when the 10 year deal runs out ?

(Reuters) - Etihad Airways is exploring options with Boeing to cancel or defer orders for 777X jets worth billions of dollars in a fresh sign of the carrier's financial strains and potentially squeezing Boeing's newest model, four sources familiar with the matter said.

Etihad, owned by Abu Dhabi, has been reviewing its fleet plans as part of a strategy overhaul launched after a nearly $2 billion loss in 2016.

I read it differently, that they need to sell to cover this season accounts next season is a new accounts season so the Neymar and Mbappi deal will be on there accounts then.

Ok, so if they sold Neymar or Mbappe then would that even count towards their 50m shortfall? How could they effectively sell someone before they buy them?

Ok, so if they sold Neymar or Mbappe then would that even count towards their 50m shortfall? How could they effectively sell someone before they buy them?
They've already bought him. There's no such thing as a loan with an obligation to buy, it's really just extended credit terms and UEFA, the lawyers and accountants know it.

They've already bought him. There's no such thing as a loan with an obligation to buy, it's really just extended credit terms and UEFA, the lawyers and accountants know it.

But they aren't in the accounts till next season from the FFP perspective, so would selling them now go into this season's books or next season's?

That was my point

But they aren't in the accounts till next season from the FFP perspective, so would selling them now go into this season's books or next season's?

That was my point
How do you know that? UEFA may well insist that it is and they would be correct to do so.

That was my point
There's a loan fee in this seasons accounts afaik. Otherwise it'll be treated as a purchase for this season.

I though ffp was over a 3 year period? The 3 years isn't up until next April? Why are UEFA sticking their nose in at this stage? Only thing I can imagine is they have said psg's sponsorship's are related/to much and have downgraded them again, even back dated them?

I though ffp was over a 3 year period? The 3 years isn't up until next April? Why are UEFA sticking their nose in at this stage? Only thing I can imagine is they have said psg's sponsorship's are related/to much and have downgraded them again, even back dated them?
They looked at 15-18 early at the behest of Barcelona and Madrid who were throwing a hissy fit.

Yep your right they shouldnt be sticking the nose in till next season but the history clubs and the 2 Spanish clubs went crying to uefa!!

On another point they be in trouble next season as he tweeted

RT @ben_rumsby: UEFA decision to close FFP investigation into PSG does NOT absolve them over the Neymar and Mbappe transfers. The period under investigation predated those deals, which are still being looked at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.