Armstrong and Miller

better dead than red

Was watching some old Armstrong and Miller sketches on YouTube and my wife came in to see why I was laughing so hysterically. I showed her a few of my favourites, the RAF pilots and some Perfectly Innocents.

She didn't even crack a smile. It could be her "German sense of humour" (my father in law once told me "There is no word in German for happy").

I put it to you. Am I wrong for thinking they are hilarious or is she for not finding them funny at all?

For those of you not familiar with them, or need your memory refreshed, I have attached some of the sketches.

There is no German word for "Fluffy" - Black adder at his finest.
Black Adder writer's stealing my old German man father in law's material. ;). I know they stole it from him and not vice versa because he watches odd television programmes.

A few Christmases ago my wife and I and her sister and sister's husband were at his home for dinner on Christmas Eve. Brother in law and I have had about 5-6 glasses of wine.

Wife's father comes to us and asks, in his heavily German accented English, "Do you want to see something you've never seen before?" I reply, "Of course, unless you are going to pull your trousers down, then no." My bil about falls of his chair laughing. Fil simply looks at me and says "Why would I pull my trousers down?" Not even a grin.

What he wanted us to see was a crazy Filipino game show he'd discovered on Satellite television. He was mad about it. And that's how I know he had odd taste in television programmes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.