Sunderland In League One. / Netflix documentary (P9)

Stockport mackem

Team supported
Sunderland
Kicking off home to Charlton.....

For those genuine football fans out there.... this is a really good listen.
It's the new owner discussing everything, from seats, to Rodwell, to debts etc....

It is very lengthy, but a very good insight as to what went wrong at my football club, and the (hopefully) sensible approach.. very interesting to hear about the current crop of players requirements too.

The contrast between our clubs is staggering.
But as proper football fans, I know you'll appreciate it.

Enjoy

Last edited:
JYxdW9w.jpg

This was our fixtures in league one (division three at the time).
The horror and the sinking feeling in my stomach of reading the fixtures that summer will stay with me forever.
Hope you can do what we did and turn the negative into a positive and it galvanises you as a club.
Big year for you boys.

Same here, top set of fans who were unlike most that weekend down in London for the League Cup final in 2014. Not one hint of mither all weekend and we were drinking into the early hours with a load of them

And obviously the Poznań after the final game in 2012

Hopefully a good protection season to get them back on the straight and narrow again

Was just watching old city videos on youtube and watched the City v Sunderland game in 1991 when we relegated Sunderland. Incredible day with top fans and as mentioned previously no different in 2014. Good luck to them.

The singing when the scum thought they'd won the league was enough for me, top fans hope we draw you in the cup competitions

Good luck to Sunderland for the coming season.

New owners, new manager, some new recruits, including former Turkey U-21 centre-back Alim Ozturk.

And a certain Tony Coton (some on here might have heard of him) as head of recruitment.

I hope it goes well for all connected with the club and you’re back in the Championship next season.

I don’t mind Sunderland, mainly because you’re not Newcastle!!

:-D

Hope you have a successful season and get promoted!

:-D

Good luck to Sunderland for the coming season.

New owners, new manager, some new recruits, including former Turkey U-21 centre-back Alim Ozturk.

And a certain Tony Coton (some on here might have heard of him) as head of recruitment.

I hope it goes well for all connected with the club and you’re back in the Championship next season.
I liked Tony Coton. He did play for Sunderland after us but broke his leg, I don’t think he stayed there very long. I hope he does well for himself and Sunderland.

Good Luck Sunderland. Good fans.

I remember that opening day of the season walking up to Maine Rd. This was in the infancy of the Internet and no one really knew how many city were going to be there, and it was one of pride to see the ground packed full. Nothing was going to kill City. That season was long and around Christmas we were sinking slowly until Boxing Day and it turned around.

I think Sunderland fans should beware of the Cup Final effect. Every team that came to City packed the away end. They had balloons, banners everything. It was like a day at Wembley for them. There was also a significant amount of trouble in the streets. probably more scuffles that season than any I remember as quite a few little firms wanted to try it on at City. Took City a while to get used to it. We needed a big guy Andy Morrison who took no prisoners to sort us out

I think Sunderland will turn around in this division but might not necessarily come back straight away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.