Taking Toddlers to Games

Big-P

My little girl just turned 2 and I believe Iv indoctrinated her well thus far, she knows City songs, says come on city and when you ask her what’s your favourite team she says City.

I feel I want to take her to a game or two next year even though Iv seen that this usually ends up with trips to the toilet and leaving early for many Dads with toddlers at matches.

my question is do I have to buy her a ticket or will she be able to come in on my season ticket? I’m in 119 so don’t know how standing and the louder (sometimes) atmosphere there compared to other sections may effect her?

Sooo.... can she come in on my ticket and in regards to south stand with a 2yo, Yay or nay? Should I look to move for a game when I take her (if that’s possible)

cheers

My little girl just turned 2 and I believe Iv indoctrinated her well thus far, she knows City songs, says come on city and when you ask her what’s your favourite team she says City.

I feel I want to take her to a game or two next year even though Iv seen that this usually ends up with trips to the toilet and leaving early for many Dads with toddlers at matches.

my question is do I have to buy her a ticket or will she be able to come in on my season ticket? I’m in 119 so don’t know how standing and the louder (sometimes) atmosphere there compared to other sections may effect her?

Sooo.... can she come in on my ticket and in regards to south stand with a 2yo, Yay or nay? Should I look to move for a game when I take her (if that’s possible)

cheers
Probably best if you sell your ticket in 119 mate and take her into the calmer sanctuary of the family stand. I think you may be allowed to watch the game with her on your knee although things may have changed, but a quick ring to MCFC customer services will tell you. It was commonplace at Maine road for dads to lift kids over the turnstile and sit them on the Kippax wall. Those were the days: )

As long as she doesn't take up an additional seat your daughter can go for free until her 5th birthday but if you're in a standing area you'll have to hold her in your arms if she is to see any of the match. Also does it get a bit manic when City score where you are, she could easily get accidentally hit by an over-enthusiastic supporter. If I was in that situation I'd be inclined to move to a different area of the stadium.

Taking a toddler to a match is a fucking nightmare in my experience. Excruciating experience and makes the match feel about 5 hours long.

It’s free for youngster that age I think. Sit on your knee.

Maybe do one of the cup games against a side were really expected to beat as trial to see how it goes. Then if she gets restless and bored it’ll be less of an issue if you’ve got to go at say 60-70 minutes.

Taking a toddler to a match is a fucking nightmare in my experience. Excruciating experience and makes the match feel about 5 hours long.

Agreed!!! Took my son to his first game when he was 4 and it was a shambles! Took him to the champions league game against Barcelona when he was 9 and a totally different story. Leave it longer would be my advice

The main consideration for someone so young is how they react with big sometimes noisy crowds...

Children aged under 14
- May not enter the Ground unless accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- Children aged 5 and over must be in possession of a valid Ticket for the Match they are attending.
- A child aged under 5 may enter the Ground for free without a Ticket if accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over, but in such an event, no seat shall be provided for that child.
- His/ her parent(s) and / or legal guardian(s) shall, in addition to the Purchaser, be responsible for the child’s actions, conduct and compliance with the Home Ticket T&Cs and the Conditions of Entry.

Anyone any tips - I won't be able to take my 1 year old yet (well, he's 21 months), he's still not ready (long health story) but would like to have taken him in before he's 5 (while it's free!) for a one off go on my knee in my season ticket seat. He's 21 months but regularly i get people i don't even know when out asking me "why is that 3 year old not walking/talking/feeding himself" etc etc by mean people.. point is he always gets mistaken for 3, once for a 4 year old. As he's so tall and big.

So i can imagine when the day comes i can hopefully take him in to a match, maybe when he's 3 or 4, he'll look about 6 and some jobsworth will stop me at the turnstiles (same with free tram travel for under 5s!) - does anyone know if there's any official photo ID you can get for an under 5 as daft as that sounds?? Obvs wouldn't get it yet.

Anyone any tips - I won't be able to take my 1 year old yet (well, he's 21 months), he's still not ready (long health story) but would like to have taken him in before he's 5 (while it's free!) for a one off go on my knee in my season ticket seat. He's 21 months but regularly i get people i don't even know when out asking me "why is that 3 year old not walking/talking/feeding himself" etc etc by mean people.. point is he always gets mistaken for 3, once for a 4 year old. As he's so tall and big.

So i can imagine when the day comes i can hopefully take him in to a match, maybe when he's 3 or 4, he'll look about 6 and some jobsworth will stop me at the turnstiles (same with free tram travel for under 5s!) - does anyone know if there's any official photo ID you can get for an under 5 as daft as that sounds?? Obvs wouldn't get it yet.

Passport?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.