Kieran Trippier

Not much choice really. He was behind Zabaleta and Richards at the time and went to the championship. He did well and got transferred to Spurs but again was back up there until Walker came to us. We can't just keep all the youngsters and have 3 players per position in case they become good enough 6 years later. I doubt he would have become good enough without being able to play regular football and he wouldn't have got that with us.

I think our policy with the academy is pretty much spot on at the moment. We're doing the best for club and the best for the players. Very few are going to make it with us. The super talented will stay and be given first team chances (such as Foden and Diaz) to see how they do. Others will be loaned or sold with buyback or sell-on clauses.

The decision with Trippier was the best for all parties (he'd still be back up even if we had kept him). The same with Zinchenko.
Behind Richards?Was that before or after the knee operation? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/micah-richards/verletzungen/spieler/32617
He was worth a lot more than what he and Mee were sold for at the time, club trained and English didn't even come into the equation...
Anyway water under the bridge now I'm sure things will change once Pep looks into how the set up is..

Behind Richards?Was that before or after the knee operation? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/micah-richards/verletzungen/spieler/32617
He was worth a lot more than what he and Mee were sold for at the time, club trained and English didn't even come into the equation...
Anyway water under the bridge now I'm sure things will change once Pep looks into how the set up is..
He was definitely way behind Richards and Zaba in 11/12, neither Trippier nor the club could have foreseen Richards getting such a serious injury at the 2012 Olympics. At the time the move was right for both club and player, but not for the first time City undersold a youth team product.

He was definitely way behind Richards and Zaba in 11/12, neither Trippier nor the club could have foreseen Richards getting such a serious injury at the 2012 Olympics. At the time the move was right for both club and player, but not for the first time City undersold a youth team product.
Ok was it before or after the ankle injury OP?
https://id.mancity.com/news/first team/first team news/archive/2012/october/micah richards talks about knee injury
Inspiring that your behind an injury prone player:-)

Like I said water under the bridge we move on...

Last edited:
I think i've just 'got' the OP. This thread isn't about Trippier or City I think it's asking about what an undisclosed fee is.

Sometimes @John Oliver (or often as the case is in the Prem these days), fees are named "undisclosed" because changes or non-finalised bonuses will not have been factored into the contract even though it's signed, changes in percentage of fees to former clubs may not have been finalised going off number of performances or successful seasons, even changes in VAT can occur. So a transfer fee can change after a contract has been signed and reported to the press so they just call it "undisclosed" because they don't really know how much it is.

Thanks PC

Ssn reporter saying he’s now the worlds best right back!!! WTF?? he’s been very good for us so far this world cup, but get fuckin real walkers a mile ahead of him & always will be

Ssn reporter saying he’s now the worlds best right back!!! WTF?? he’s been very good for us so far this world cup, but get fuckin real walkers a mile ahead of him & always will be

I heard this as well on SSN, and also his dad on the BBC saying he was the best RB in the world.

Funny I don't remember him been best in the world when we stuffed Spurs twice last season.

Sane toyed with him when spurs came to are place. Good player, reminds of zabba in terms of being comfortable on the ball. However, unfortunately he also reminds me of zabba, during his last season, a lack of pace. I like him but not for me or city.

These comments about Trippier cut to exactly what I have been saying about the hype going overboard about the England Team. It's ridiculous. You would struggle to say which top 4 team he would make if he was not playing for spurs.

These comments about Trippier cut to exactly what I have been saying about the hype going overboard about the England Team. It's ridiculous. You would struggle to say which top 4 team he would make if he was not playing for spurs.
I'd imagine if England were to meet Belgium in the final, 90 minutes of Hazard ripping him to shreds may well change the media's narrative.

Can't find my posts on the matter about the time him and Mee were sold by Marwood.
I say sold more like given away, people were saying at the time Burnley didn't have a lot of money even though they had parachute payments from the premier league at the time...
Didn't Trippier go on record saying he will prove City wrong for selling him one time?https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...Manchester-City-they-were-wrong-to-let-him-go

Well he sure has hasn't he...

Found this though..

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/kieran-trippier.226599/page-5
Some nice posts about him in that thread. Works hard in training and knuckles down. Modest bloke. Seems to be enjoying his football out there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.