The Anti-tennis thread

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
Who likes this shit? Blokes batting a ball to each other watched by upper-class sunglasses wearing posh fuckers who have never been to a game of football in their lives? They've even got the final on when it's the World Cup Final. It's a game for posh women and blokes who are under the thumb.

Why wait until now to bring this up? Nearly a fortnight overdue aren't you?

I tend to agree by the way. Through the 60's 70's and 80's growing up it was definitely the case that your local tennis club was an elitist place full of middle class people who saw themselves as "upper" middle class without knowing that nobody outside the clubhouse bar gave a fuck. Then there's the weather. Its worse than cricket - the season seems so short so any adverse weather - I know in summer, in Britain, imagine that ! - bollocksed all competitions as they overran and finally the memory of council tennis courts - looking like a post apocalyptic vision of the game all bedraggled nets, sagging tape and broken glass. Hence I have little interest now.

Then as a TV sport I find it boring - its right down there with golf and anything on horseback for me I am afraid as almost unwatchable. The best thing about Wimbledon is the finals day because that means we are getting TV back to normal and its one weekend nearer the resumption of the football season - a proper sport that can be followed by all on TV as tonight will show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.