World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

So so proud of England
We don’t have the most talented squad at all
But we have a bunch of players who gave their all And over achieved

I think harry maguire was amazing
Even though Lingaard was good

Overall though we miss a defensive player who can use the ball and a playmaker

But we worked so hard with what we had
It shows we need more English players in premier league
If they get a chance they will deliver

GS has had 24 england games you tell me which result from those 24 stands out and says 'wow',,il tell you ''NONE'' because all of those games are versus sub standard opposition,,sorry mate ive been on this earth to long to be dished up excuse after excuse decade after decade, Southgate is nothing better or worse than the FA have employed over the last 30 years and all the media can talk about is his fucking waistcoat

Can't agree with this - done really well with quite a limited group of players IMHO in a league where English players don't get much game time. Few things I would have done differently but he's cleared the decks, imposed a system, made us effective at set pieces, etc etc. A strong generation of better players to come through too.

I cant decide which camp in in at the moment.
Camp 1:
We did better than expected with a young squad still learning but lacking flair or.
Camp 2:
Fucked up. Again against the first decent team we played
Abu,,they wern't even a decent team,,i'l leave the rest to you

At the point When half the outfield team were serial bottler spurs' players, i knew we were fucked!

had to laugh during the France/Belgium semi, Danny Murphy (BBC) in commentary commented that Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld were the reason Spurs had been so successful!!!

Last time I checked Spurs have won bugger all in years.
One League Cup in 27 years I think. And no title since 1961.

With no dog in the fight other than wanting City players to do well and remain uninjured, I think you lot should be very proud of this side. There is a lack of flair, glaring at creative MF, but I thought they showed a lot of spirit and resilience for much of the tournament. The draw was lovely and that helped but you can only play what's put in front of you and this has to be a confidence builder for the side. I thought the Sterling substitution was a bit daft today personally but agree the inability to score from open play overall just brings me back to the service problem. Sorry for the loss, but a good run, far better than expected -- overachieving is always better than the alternative.

100% agree
It’s worth the lows to have the highs
We had a few

As for the first goal that was not Walker's fault.
It was a good goal rather than a mistake.
Hoddle said he was slow getting his header in, but fcuks sake there was no way he can react quicker than that flick from the guy's outstretched leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.