Who now then?...

I don't actually think we will tbh, unless something special came up. It'd be a huge gamble if you ask me, but I guess we have to trust Guardiola.

The arrival of Mahrez means Bernardo Silva can be pushed inside, which means we'd have at least six options for the three midfield positions:

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Delph
De Bruyne
David Silva
Bernardo Silva

It'd also mean potentially more game time for Foden, which would be a positive. Personally I'd like to see Stones given a chance as a pivot too, think he could excel in the role.

Yeah I think it's a bit of a risk hanging on another season but as you say, we have enough options that we might prefer to take that risk rather than get someone in for the sake of it. There'll probably be another two or three players we've never heard of who emerge over the next 12 months who would be a good fit so maybe we wait and spend big next year on that person.

I don't actually think we will tbh, unless something special came up. It'd be a huge gamble if you ask me, but I guess we have to trust Guardiola.

The arrival of Mahrez means Bernardo Silva can be pushed inside, which means we'd have at least six options for the three midfield positions:

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Delph
De Bruyne
David Silva
Bernardo Silva

It'd also mean potentially more game time for Foden, which would be a positive. Personally I'd like to see Stones given a chance as a pivot too, think he could excel in the role.

Even KDB has been discussed. Certainly has it in him but what we lose further upfield...

Yeah, that'd be a huge waste of his talents imo.

Yep, but he has dropped deep when asked to by Pep. That ball at Southampton being an example of something else he could offer.

If someone like Delph played in Fernandinho's place, I'm sure KDB would end up playing as the "quarterback" back there while Delph provided runs into the box if we needed to unlock a parked bus.

Also I suppose there's a massive difference between KDB looking wasted playing deep under Martinez and looking wasted there under Pep. You can't forget the massive difference in managerial quality.

For two or more seasons the DM position has been crying out for a new top player to help Fernandinho (Gundogan isn't good enough imo).

It would be a mistake to leave it. If it was just the Premier league we'll be fine but with other competitions we'll be short.

How about sniffing in ahead of Arse for N’Zonzi, wouldn’t cost too much. He’s looked superb every time I’ve seen him over the last couple of years.

From what I have seen I like the look of Matuidi. Seems to have a great engine and technical ability about him. No idea how much he would be though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.