Who now then?...

Thiago Alcantara is the one. Knows what the manager expects and will require very little time to adjust. He would instantly strengthen the team, which is something that I don’t think Jorginho would have done. He was arguably the best midfielder in the world during Pep’s time at Bayern. There’s no reason why he couldn’t return to that form once again.

TBH, I'm not sure why this isn't the guy we are most strongly (and accurately) being linked with. Pep loves him as far as I am aware and was undoubtedly desperate to get him to Bayern. I'm sure there have been noises that Thiago and Bayern could be ready to part ways so he seems like the obvious solution. Maybe there's a worry over his fitness or perhaps Pep isn't such a fan anymore for some reason but it seems odd that we have not turned to him.

TBH, I'm not sure why this isn't the guy we are most strongly (and accurately) being linked with. Pep loves him as far as I am aware and was undoubtedly desperate to get him to Bayern. I'm sure there have been noises that Thiago and Bayern could be ready to part ways so he seems like the obvious solution. Maybe there's a worry over his fitness or perhaps Pep isn't such a fan anymore for some reason but it seems odd that we have not turned to him.
Maybe we've learned a lesson and are keeping this one quiet until it's completed. Seems like our rivals have been enjoying hijacking our deals lately.

unless pep txiki find a gem

Unlikely... We missed VVD & now Maguire both right under our noses, we could have got either for a relatively low fee & both are perfect for our style - VVD from Celtic who we have a good relationship with & Maguire from Hull ... Expect Leicester will be demanding £75m for any Maguire suiters now.

In order:

Mateo Kovačić
Tanguy Ndombele
Adrien Rabiot
Julian Weigl
Stanislav Lobotka
Frenkie de Jong
Giovani Lo Celso
Carlos Soler
Manu Trigueros
Lorenzo Pellegrini
Mario Lemina
Ruben Neves
Leandro Paredes
Morgan Sanson
Marcelo Brozović
Daniele Baselli

I remember watching Villarreal last season in a game on a saturday night and one player caught my eye that day... he looked THAT good in that one game, I had to find out his shirt number so I could look him up.

His name was Manu Trigueros.

I didn't know whether he just looked good in that game I saw him in, or whether he is consistently as good as that. I don't proclaim to watch Villarreal every week... but my god does he look good on this YouTube compilation... What he has done on this video is just pure footballing artistry...

No need to panic buy with Gundogan as backup (didn’t he record the most passes ever playing there last season), and Delph surely able to switch there too given it’s between where he usually plays and where he did last season. Pep knows best.

I remember watching Villarreal last season in a game on a saturday night and one player caught my eye that day... he looked THAT good in that one game, I had to find out his shirt number so I could look him up.

His name was Manu Trigueros.

I didn't know whether he just looked good in that game I saw him in, or whether he is consistently as good as that. I don't proclaim to watch Villarreal every week... but my god does he look good on this YouTube compilation... What he has done on this video is just pure footballing artistry...

Not going to lie, I had never heard of the guy and it's always dangerous to form an opinion based on youtube comps...but he looks a very intelligent and talented player! Spreading play quickly with both feet, looks tenacious and a great eye for a pass.

In order:

Mateo Kovačić
Tanguy Ndombele
Adrien Rabiot
Julian Weigl
Stanislav Lobotka
Frenkie de Jong
Giovani Lo Celso
Carlos Soler
Manu Trigueros
Lorenzo Pellegrini
Mario Lemina
Ruben Neves
Leandro Paredes
Morgan Sanson
Marcelo Brozović
Daniele Baselli

From that list it would be either Kovacic or Pellegrini.

Not on the list is Malinkivic-Savic. He is perhaps the finest of the B2Bers in Europe.

The cost may be problem as the auction would start at £100m (€110m)

What is it we’re lacking now that has seen us back out of huge spending compared to Chelsea & rags?

I get we don’t need to be paying over the odds for ‘prestige signings’ but for a position we really need to strengthen and a player Pep identifies he needs, then surely it does make sense to pay what it takes to get the deal done, if Pep really wants a specific player (eg Sanchez last season and now Jorginho).

Are we falling behind in terms of wealth? Suffering from relatively low commercial appeal compared to the shit and the big Spanish clubs - but surely not Chelsea?

What is it we’re lacking now that has seen us back out of huge spending compared to Chelsea & rags?

I get we don’t need to be paying over the odds for ‘prestige signings’ but for a position we really need to strengthen and a player Pep identifies he needs, then surely it does make sense to pay what it takes to get the deal done, if Pep really wants a specific player (eg Sanchez last season and now Jorginho).

Are we falling behind in terms of wealth? Suffering from relatively low commercial appeal compared to the shit and the big Spanish clubs - but surely not Chelsea?

I doubt we are falling behind in wealth lol, we were in top 5 in the world in reveneus and we could go even higher now.We are going places in every year in the richest and most valuable clubs list.Still i agree that it seems odd that we aren´t willing to pay those few little extra millions.Maybe we are going after one really big signing,let´s wait and see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.