Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the cogent reply.
I get that. Many people get that. I actually do see the potential merit in having a wrecking ball put through the "global order", to a point. But do I find it positive, or funny, what's happening in the most powerful country on the planet, internationally and domestically? No.

I'm no anarchist. I get the impression that you might be.

For the record, and since it seems to matter to you, I am a Mancunian.

Thanks for the cogent reply.
I get that. Many people get that. I actually do see the potential merit in having a wrecking ball put through the "global order", to a point. But do I find it positive, or funny, what's happening in the most powerful country on the planet, internationally and domestically? No.

I'm no anarchist. I get the impression that you might be.

For the record, and since it seems to matter to you, I am a Mancunian.

I am a little to the left of Che.

Ok one last time, but you have to promise me you will give me an honest answer.

Once upon a time there was a thriving city, good industry, pleasant people, well maintained houses, good public services etc.

then over a number of years through no fault of the good citizens of (insert name here) things started to decline, in fact it got so bad
that the industry vanished, the public services were cut to the bone, shit piled up on the streets, junkies and drug dealers were on every street
corner, people turned on each other and the place became a ghost town, an employment blackspot.
Then one day Fred Bloggs told the good people

hey vote for me I'll bring back all your factories and all your problems will improve,

Who do you think they voted for

It’s almost as if you’re describing the situation in Germany at the beginning of the 1930’s.

America wasn’t any of the above anyway and Trump wasn’t the only option who promised those things.

And for your analogy to be accurate Fred Bloggs would have to be a serial liar, sex offender, bigot and corrupt and doing so in a way where the country’s enemy is hacking the election in his favour.

They voted for him through sheer naivety, delusion, some racism and lack of education in some parts.

Just because someone tells you they’re here to fix everything, do you automatically believe them? Even if they’re a proven liar?

It’s almost as if you’re describing the situation in Germany at the beginning of the 1930’s.

America wasn’t any of the above anyway and Trump wasn’t the only option who promised those things.

And for your analogy to be accurate Fred Bloggs would have to be a serial liar, sex offender, bigot and corrupt and doing so in a way where the country’s enemy is hacking the election in his favour.

They voted for him through sheer naivety, delusion, some racism and lack of education in some parts.

Just because someone tells you they’re here to fix everything, do you automatically believe them? Even if they’re a proven liar?
Exactly. god finally. phew.

Has there ever been a politician who hasn't promised to fix everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.