Pre-Season US Tour

Good to see Mendy will be on the tour (joining later I presume) rather than resting on his laurels as part of the World Cup winning squad. Surprised that Joe and Denayer are going - wonder if they will get any game time?

Things are looking a bit odd. I assume that anyone not on the list will not be joining up later because both Bernardo and Mendy are joining at a later date and are both included. Silva can understandably been given some extra time to be with his son. Otamendi and Aguero not participating is strange, but they might have a reason. Gundogan not joining up is a strange mystery. Got knocked out 3 weeks ago and is given an extra 2 weeks off.
Not sure they will be having the whole 2 weeks off. I suspect they will return to the CFA and start their pre season training.

Things are looking a bit odd. I assume that anyone not on the list will not be joining up later because both Bernardo and Mendy are joining at a later date and are both included. Silva can understandably been given some extra time to be with his son. Otamendi and Aguero not participating is strange, but they might have a reason. Gundogan not joining up is a strange mystery. Got knocked out 3 weeks ago and is given an extra 2 weeks off.
I 'm no sports scientist but I suspect players will have been assessed individually and it will have been decided which will benefit from joining the tour and need game time and which have had plenty of games and would benefit more from returning to the CFA over the next couple of week and preparing there. Otamendi, Silva and Aguero got plenty of minutes over the summer, where as Mendy didn't.

I'm sure the others will meet up with the travelling squad later in the week or the start of next week.
Have we even got a recognised centre midfielder travelling?
I want that champions pre season cup trophy travelling back home with us, again the rags have made this non entity of a cup a major one on the honours list!

The first game against Borussia Dortmund is broadcast live on Premier HD (SKY ch 412) 1.55am Saturday.

Be interesting who starts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.