Pablo Maffeo

That’s a strange comment that, mate.

We are one of the best teams in world football. To get into our team is incredibly hard for 99.9% of the worlds footballers. For a player aged 16/20 to be good enough to get one of our squad positions is unlikely. We will every now and again be blessed and get one like young Phil.

However, in the mean time we are making big profits on youngsters and have in place buy back clauses if they develop at a later date then that’s more than fine by me.

We aren’t Southampton. We are challenging for the Premier League and Champions League!

We are.

But there should always be a place in the squad or team for a youth player. We can't keep on filling our PL team with more and more expensive players, to the extent that we have 2 first team players for almost every position. This means our youth players are basically 3rd choice for every position, and will find it almost impossible to break into the first team, let alone nail down a team place. Unless we give these youth players a real chance to play for the first team on a regular basis, we will never know if they are good enough to play 1st team football, and to stay in the first team. Giving them a place on the subs bench, or 10-15 minutes at the end of a Match isn't enough time. I appreciate there are matches where we have to field our 1st team, but there are also matches where we can play a youth player for 90 minutes, or bring them on when the game is all but won by half-time. Not only will it give our youth players the chance to play and to see if they are good enough for the 1st team, but it could in the long run save the club £100's of millions in transfer fees, and end farcical situations like the Jorginho saga, etc.

Like many City fans I just want to see more of our youth players get proper 1st team games, instead or warming the bench or getting minor cameo roles at the end of matches.

I want us to win games,and while its a lovely idea that HG players could be pivotal in such,i'm not arsed if they originate from Mars.

But some of us are and it doesn't make us any less a City fan than you or anybody else for that matter.

I want us to win games,and while its a lovely idea that HG players could be pivotal in such,i'm not arsed if they originate from Mars.
I am. There's fuck all gravity on Mars, not a hope they could cut it physically in Earth's gravity.

FI and SWP say that we wouldn’t try to activate a buy back for a player who wanted to stay where he was.

Pleased to hear it though it could mean losing out on a substantial profit if the players market value had risen above the buy back price.

FI and SWP say that we wouldn’t try to activate a buy back for a player who wanted to stay where he was.

Pleased to hear it though it could mean losing out on a substantial profit if the players market value had risen above the buy back price.
What a strange reply, do you think we could force someone to sign for us? And if we could, do you think we'd buy them back on the cheap and immediately sell them on for a profit? Not only do I believe that to be against the rules it's also morally dodgy. If we have a buy back clause then we probably also have a sell on clause, does that make you feel better?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.