Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wage cap in the FAWSL will see City be second fiddle to the likes of Lyon, Paris and Barcelona until it is scrapped.

I can understand the FA not wanting the league to become a bit like France where you basically have 2/3 teams just running away at the top but for the development of the league on a world stage the wage cap has to go.
But we have 2/3 teams now who are head & shoulders above the rest. Well 2 and then Arsenal followed by Liverpool.

The rules won't be changing until it suits the raggy girl team.

Time to start producing our own world class talent, the senior pros last year didnt step up and retain their success so giving new blood a go is a positive step

Time to start producing our own world class talent, the senior pros last year didnt step up and retain their success so giving new blood a go is a positive step
until they too think they're being underpaid, and wander off to Lyon

We and all WSL clubs will be a stepping stone to the better talents as long as a salary cap exists.
That is undeniable.
How long before the FA do anything?
I'm guessing never as they are incompetent.
Barca, Lyon and others are laughing their tits off and can take any decent player they like as they've already shown.

We and all WSL clubs will be a stepping stone to the better talents as long as a salary cap exists.
That is undeniable.
How long before the FA do anything?
I'm guessing never as they are incompetent.
Barca, Lyon and others are laughing their tits off and can take any decent player they like as they've already shown.
And, as the women’s game grows (and it will, barring larger global economic issues, which are possible), they will continue to dominate the market and competitions.

until they too think they're being underpaid, and wander off to Lyon

There's so much improvement to be made in women's football, if we can hoover up young talent and blood them unlike the men's team and hopefully hook them as Blueslike Foden, then hopefully we can keep a fair few and by the time the Rags come up and the game keeps growing I think the cap will be weakened, I just don't think they want us in particular doing what we did in the men's team and crushing everyone.

Is that why Izzy left, did she leave under a bit of a cloud or what? Can't seem to find anything about the circumstances of her leaving.

I don’t think there’s a back story. Lyon can take whomever they want from us because we simply can’t compete on salary’s the way the women’s game is presently structured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.