Musical Groups/Artists/Bands you like, but know one else seems to.

brummie blue

So any musical preferences that you have, but never hear of anyone else liking…

I’ll start:

Sky – Instrumental Rock group, amazing musicians.

Colin Hay – former Men at Work frontman, like his solo work and he’s great live.

Tragically Hip – Canadian rock band, unfortunately no longer active after the death of frontman Gord Downie.

The Association.

Wonderful US Harmony group of Late 60's/Early 70's.
Look like a bunch of vacuum cleaner salesmen so very few would ever own up to liking them.

So any musical preferences that you have, but never hear of anyone else liking…

I’ll start:

Sky – Instrumental Rock group, amazing musicians.

Colin Hay – former Men at Work frontman, like his solo work and he’s great live.

Tragically Hip – Canadian rock band, unfortunately no longer active after the death of frontman Gord Downie.

I was at the last Hip gig in Toronto. Seen them many times and that was the first time indoors. It's been a long time coming. ;)

The Sheila Divine, brilliant US band from Boston that appeared on my Spotify feed and completely blew me away with their first album "The New Parade". In particular listen to "Hum".

Seems no-one in UK has ever heard of them but they are big in Boston, Buffalo and Belgium for some reason!

Another vote for Canadian bands: the Hip along with The Guess Who

Prefab Sprout as well

Last edited:
Weather Report
One of my favourite bands, Jazz/Funk/Rock fusion
Absolutely top line musicians, especially the Bass player Jaco Pastorius,voted on Talk Bass (hundreds of thousands of Bass playing members) as No 1 electric Bass player ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.