Who now then?...

Hear me out but I think we should have a punt for Anthony martial. He wants out of the swamp and is one of two players of theirs I would have here.

I think we buy what we need rather than what’s for sale

Hear me out but I think we should have a punt for Anthony martial. He wants out of the swamp and is one of two players of theirs I would have here.
I rate the guy, think he’s a top player. However, we have Leroy and wouldn’t need both.

We have Sane Sterling Mahrez Bernardo Jesus Kun (6 players) for 3 spots on our formation.Not sure why we need one more attacking player unless we don't want him in squad

Sterling, Silva, Jesus and possibly even Mendy can play on the left.
Sterling was more effective on the right
Silva I’ll assume you mean David wouldn’t want to move him from his current position
Mendy will be starting lb
Jesus yeah possibly but then if we are in an awkward position where aguero is injured he will be there.
Yes we can make due for a few games here and there but if we had martial fighting with Leroy we can expect both to improve and also martial was a st at one point he can be an option there. Not saying it’s possible to get him but I wouldn’t mind seeing him in our squad. He’s one player from the rags that id be glad to take

I'd rather Diaz backs up the left wing. Far higher ceiling, not a ****, not a rag. Martial won't get Sané out of the team any time soon. Right now we've two players for every position including Foden and Diaz, Garcia looks a capable 5th CB, Nmecha a capable third striker. Squad is fine.

Silva I’ll assume you mean David wouldn’t want to move him from his current position
Jesus yeah possibly but then if we are in an awkward position where aguero is injured he will be there.
Yes we can make due for a few games here and there but if we had martial fighting with Leroy we can expect both to improve and also martial was a st at one point he can be an option there. Not saying it’s possible to get him but I wouldn’t mind seeing him in our squad. He’s one player from the rags that id be glad to take
Instead of who ?

I don't subscribe to this "Sterling on the right" business. His job is different from a normal winger. When he gets the ball he tries to beat his man and goes inside as much as possible then tries to play a simple ball in the box. He doesn't have superb crossing unlike Sane or Mahrez where they can stay out wider to put in a cross or beat their man. It was always De Bruyne supplying the crosses in from the right.

Sterling's other job is to be a fox in the box and be the 2nd striker on the outside post when the ball is played across. That is why he has so many tap ins. So he can play on the left with Mendy overlapping supplying the crosses and can be further inside and now that we have Mahrez, he can be the out and out winger on the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.