Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

The coffin was disgraceful, but you can’t attribute that single act to a whole fan base. Like you can a whole ground booing (not that I had a problem with that). They were trying to win the league. That hunger did for them in the end. That’s what caused Stevie G to slip: ‘the Holy Grail, I can almost touch it....’ They wanted it too badly.

He’s a rum bugger isn’t he that lad.

So far we know he’s robbed & pillaged all over Europe in the 80’s whilst causing the deaths of 39 fans in Heysel. He’s dropped a paving stone on a waiters head, smashed a load of windows on Princess Parkway in the 80’s & held fans up in Stanley Knife Park, threw a bottle on Big Joe Corrigans head at Anfield and acid at the Rags as they got off the coach not to mention attacking the ambulance of an injured player. In recent times he’s smashed up the City Coaches of fans & players and walked around Anfield before the Roma game brandishing a hammer.

He really is a one off but never seems to offend the people around him who are quite clearly easily offended. I’ve missed loads of examples but it quite clearly isn’t a small percentage it’s mob rule.

I do agree about the burning themselves out with over excitement whilst aiming for the holy grail. Part of me wanted to lose the friendly to get them going, top from week 1 will make it all the funnier when they blow it & the usual will happen, blame some poor kid.

Social media plus 24/7 coverage of football on the internet and the likes of talksport / SSN means that there is no escape from deluded scouse supporters and their biased mates in the media. The internet in particular gives these sad fucks a forum to spout their shite like never before. complete lies can be generated by some dickhead and bought into by thousands as the truth e.g. the sheikh buying our spare tickets up.

In the past, living in or around Manchester, you got the city / united all year round at school, work, pub, home - whether that was a bit of banter or a bit more heated. Encountering teams like Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs etc only happened 2 or 3 times a season and, yes, you could hate the ****s for a few days, but you didn't have to listen to their dickhead fans everyday for the rest of the year. Therefore, 'we only hate man Utd' was natural.

In this era of the internet, I have to say Liverpool have overtaken united for me on the hate stakes, they really are the full package: deluded, cowardly, snidely fans; hypocritical on every level - from finance through to grief through to racism; never our fault; outrageous favouritism from officials; outrageous favouritism from the media; a very annoying manager AND fucking James Milner. I could not bear these ****s winning the league, even if it meant united winning it.

If I see the 5 times European Cup wins hand gesture at Anfield once more, I'll.......

Unfortunately I go to Anfield every season, and whitout fail the 5 times hand gesture is a constant throughout the 90 minutes from their fans.

OK, you've win it 5 times, we get that, but reminding me once or twice during the game is enough. But no, the Reds, as they liked to be called, do it none stop throughout the game. A bit of banter...5x's, City score....5x's, "Always your Year.....5x's, "Norway give us a song.....5x's, 28 years....5x's, etc.

You don't see Madrid's fans doing 3 hand gestures constantly because Madrid have won the 'European Cup 11 times'.

The funny thing is, you never see a reference to 28 years at Anfield, or from Liverpool fans. ;-)

A group mentality, mass hysteria, a gathering and ritual, all signs of a cult and all describe the coach greeting (remember it isn't just us who they have done it with).
That is liverpool, a wierd cult acting in odd ways.

The rags are not a cult, they are a set of ****s, sneaky bastards thay willfully ambush blues on their own or families, the types that wait for a pub to be only 5 deep of blue then 40 of them will turn up of to kick said 5 blues head in.
They aren't doing it out of some odd hysterical giddy **** mentality like the scousers.

And as fir police inaction, I have had bottles thrown at me when walkong past the trafford with GMP stood on the roundabout doing fuck all about it, and when herded to the away end and rags have thrown punches the same coppers have then manhanddled blues.

The difference in policing at eastland as to it is at the swamp from the same force is probably akon to anfield and goodison.

Rag get away with drinking on the streets and being bellend just like the scousers aroumd their grounds.
The rags didn't kill 39 innocent fans or get English clubs banned from Europe for 5 years....

I find it hard to hate them because I’m good friends with some of their fans and those friendships were forged by a mutual dislike of united. One or two of them proper boys btw (I have some mental friendships, all things considered). I have friends who are united fans, but that isn't the founding stone of our relationship. Far from it.

So, I feel I’m staying loyal to those friendships by refusing to get drawn in too much. What some of their supporters did to our team coach though, was disgraceful. All I’ll say, is that behaviour does not remotely represent the people I know today. Can’t speak for some of them thirty years ago, mind.

One of my best mates is a Liverpool fan. He went to the CL final, you couldn’t meet a nicer, more intelligent, whitty lad.

I’ve met the odd Liverpool fan who are sound over the years, and I’ve met a fair few who are absolute pricks.

I’m just going off my experience of Liverpool fans over the years when they’re gathered together en mass in and outside of grounds.

In my experience, they’re by far the worst set of fans I’ve come across. I’ve never been to Milwall away, but Leeds and Stoke fans have been pretty hanging, but they’re not even in the same league as Liverpool.

One of my best mates is a Liverpool fan. He went to the CL final, you couldn’t meet a nicer, more intelligent, whitty lad.

I’ve met the odd Liverpool fan who are sound over the years, and I’ve met a fair few who are absolute pricks.

I’m just going off my experience of Liverpool fans over the years when they’re gathered together en mass in and outside of grounds.

In my experience, they’re by far the worst set of fans I’ve come across. I’ve never been to Milwall away, but Leeds and Stoke fans have been pretty hanging, but they’re not even in the same league as Liverpool.

Agree.

I know plenty of rags who are really nice people, but many are arseholes when it comes to football. However, Liverpool fans are on another level imo & that's not a new opinion, I felt the same in the 70s.

In Norway, I have rag mates there who genuinely enjoy watching City play. Most of the comments re money etc, have been from Liverpool fans, who are horrible.

"Dislike" is not a strong enough word to describe the current feelings I hold towards the huge mountain of fetid faeces that is the Liverpool Football Club, its demented followers and the guttural accent that spews from their mouths.

Man Ure, on the other hand, with their depressed, has been, manager and mismatch of players just make
me smile and shake my head pitifully...

JJ

Last edited:
The rags didn't kill 39 innocent fans or get English clubs banned from Europe for 5 years....

We all know that, but I doubt many city fans that day suddenly started disliking liverpool from then till now you may have I,don't know, so don't see the relevance to the OP stati g the present cult like fuckwittery of scouse fans is slowly making blue dislike them more than the rags.

Most of them twats talking shite on twitter and bottling our coach were not even born in 85.

And I ain't defending what they did, but find it irrelevant as to whether most hate the ****s at present

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.