Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

If I see the 5 times European Cup wins hand gesture at Anfield once more, I'll.......

Unfortunately I go to Anfield every season, and whitout fail the 5 times hand gesture is a constant throughout the 90 minutes from their fans.

OK, you've win it 5 times, we get that, but reminding me once or twice during the game is enough. But no, the Reds, as they liked to be called, do it none stop throughout the game. A bit of banter...5x's, City score....5x's, "Always your Year.....5x's, "Norway give us a song.....5x's, 28 years....5x's, etc.

You don't see Madrid's fans doing 3 hand gestures constantly because Madrid have won the 'European Cup 11 times'.

The funny thing is, you never see a reference to 28 years at Anfield, or from Liverpool fans. ;-)

some good ideas there JRB for a banner at anfield this season !

Every time we play Liverpool I think I hate these rats more than United but after a couple of weeks common sense prevails and I’m back to detesting United far more

Every time we play Liverpool I think I hate these rats more than United but after a couple of weeks common sense prevails and I’m back to detesting United far more
I love the pair of them as they've give me so many belly laughs over the years with their big talk and comedy offerings on the pitch. Their fans are a class act, the amount of shite and bile they spout is quite admirable, you wouldn't believe it could flow that easily.
Liverpool! Utd! I love you for all your bigging up of yourselves when everybody knows you are living in the past.
5 times? 20 times? Fuck me it's like a maths face off.
#centurions. And its all about the now.

I love the pair of them as they've give me so many belly laughs over the years with their big talk and comedy offerings on the pitch. Their fans are a class act, the amount of shite and bile they spout is quite admirable, you wouldn't believe it could flow that easily.
Liverpool! Utd! I love you for all your bigging up of yourselves when everybody knows you are living in the past.
5 times? 20 times? Fuck me it's like a maths face off.
#centurions. And its all about the now.

Quite right. These people were put on this Earth for our enjoyment. I've been telling the dippers at work that it's definitely their year, that having beaten us 4 times on the bounce and having judiciously fortified their squad for minimal net spend, they are shoe-ins for the title. In fact, I tell them, I have conceded the title to them already.

And now, I just sit back and watch....

It'll always be United for me, BUT.....

When we were up against Liverpool for the title in 2013/14 - the season they won it in April, only to lose it in May - it got so fucking nauseating that I found myself wishing it was United challenging us for the league. Those bus welcomes from March onwards as though they'd already won it, Rodgers saying they wanted to do it for the 96 (forgetting that Liverpool have actually won the League since Hillsborough), Rodgers talking about "unleashing the crowd" when they played us at their place, the fawning from the media (such as the game against Chelsea where Sky put all those extra cameras and mics in front of the Kop before the game). All that made me realise that we wouldn't hear the end of it all summer and beyond if they'd won it that year, whereas with United it had gotten to the stage that they'd won so many trophies in the preceding 20 years that it was kind of expected and if they won it then things would die down after a week or two.

Yet despite all that, some of them would have you believe that neutrals would've preferred Liverpool to win it instead of City. Which is bollocks because a quick look at most fan forums would indicate that it wasn't just us lot who were sick of hearing about them and fans of clubs who didn't even have a vested interest in the title race were sick of it too.

I would add for a bit of balance that I was at Anfield the day they beat us 3-2, and while it's well documented that some of our coaches got bricked, their fans booed Yaya when he got injured, etc, apart from the result I actually had a good day drinking with some decent Liverpool fans.

Last edited:
I reckon I now dislike Liverpool as a club and fan base more than Utd. That said, I still dislike Mourinho more than Klopp. They can all get in the bin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.