Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccity

I'm just saying, whatever this kid needs so that we don't let him go, we need to make it happen. Absolutely golden in the 1st half tonight

He desperately needs to play senior football somewhere to take the next step. He needs to face quicker defenders who reads the game far better than the kids at youth football does. He has all the tools to become world class but he needs to play senior football to get there. I can’t see him getting more than 400-500 minutes if he stays here this season so either we sell him with a buy back clause or we extend his contract and loan him out.

He desperately needs to play senior football somewhere to take the next step. He needs to face quicker defenders who reads the game far better than the kids at youth football does. He has all the tools to become world class but he needs to play senior football to get there. I can’t see him getting more than 400-500 minutes if he stays here this season so either we sell him with a buy back clause or we extend his contract and loan him out.

He won’t extend and doesn’t want a loan so who knows. He’s betting on himself here and I have to respect that.

He won’t extend and doesn’t want a loan so who knows. He’s betting on himself here and I have to respect that.
Yeah that's what I was referring to in my earlier post. If he wants to stay then with his talent levels we ought to let him. If he wants to fight then let him.

Sign him up to a long term contract. What happens after that? Well, that’s up to him!

That’s not really our style to ‘just pay it’ but I think we need to get it done.
If we keep him, it is money well spent. If we sell him, with a sell on clause, we will recoup any and all money spent.

One of the problems with NOT signing such players up to long term deals is losing them for nothing. Our model is based on selling on any talent that isn’t First Team squad talent, and cultivating the next wave, and the next, and the next.

I honestly don’t know what kind of money he is looking for, but there are only about two or three teams in the world that can pay the talent we can pay, and I don’t see any of them lining up to pay him a fortune. Maybe they are willing to pay him a little with a big bonus upfront. However, City can do the same thing, with a loyalty bonus, etc, etc, etc... There are numerous ways to skin the cat, but I doubt City are going to restructure how they have just rebuilt their internal operations for Brahim Diaz!

If we keep him, it is money well spent. If we sell him, with a sell on clause, we will recoup any and all money spent.

One of the problems with NOT signing such players up to long term deals is losing them for nothing. Our model is based on selling on any talent that isn’t First Team squad talent, and cultivating the next wave, and the next, and the next.

I honestly don’t know what kind of money he is looking for, but there are only about two or three teams in the world that can pay the talent we can pay, and I don’t see any of them lining up to pay him a fortune. Maybe they are willing to pay him a little with a big bonus upfront. However, City can do the same thing, with a loyalty bonus, etc, etc, etc... There are numerous ways to skin the cat, but I doubt City are going to restructure how they have just rebuilt their internal operations for Brahim Diaz!

So we’re clear here, and I’m speculating, I don’t think he cares about the financial aspects of this deal as a young player. It’s more about getting minutes and breaking through and THEN getting paid at 21-24. He’s at an age where he can’t really showcase himself here for the bigger deal. Sancho is my example, Rony too. You can’t linger here if you’re a fringe star.

He did ok,one or two moments of brilliance but he still tends to make the wrong choice more often than not.He'll learn though from experience like this and i'm sure he'll be a big player in a couple of years.

Definitely needs a loan though.

So we’re clear here, and I’m speculating, I don’t think he cares about the financial aspects of this deal as a young player. It’s more about getting minutes and breaking through and THEN getting paid at 21-24. He’s at an age where he can’t really showcase himself here for the bigger deal. Sancho is my example, Rony too. You can’t linger here if you’re a fringe star.
If it’s about minutes, he needs to mature, and that doesn’t happen playing 5 minutes per month at City.

First thing he has to learn is that he is not as good as he appears to think he is. While he has skills, so does everyone in the big time. What he lacks is the knowledge of when to give it up and when to keep it. Pep’s teams LIVE on not giving the ball away cheaply. In fact, it isn’t my main knock on Sterling, too....not giving the ball to a teammate soon enough and going again for the return.

Anyway, clearly a talent, but (for me) he would be best served heading to Girona and spending a season with maximum game time and learn his trade. At the top level, it is less about industry and more about nous. He has plenty of the former and not enough of the latter, at this stage in his development, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.