Pablo Maffeo

What a strange reply, do you think we could force someone to sign for us? And if we could, do you think we'd buy them back on the cheap and immediately sell them on for a profit? Not only do I believe that to be against the rules it's also morally dodgy. If we have a buy back clause then we probably also have a sell on clause, does that make you feel better?
Madrid did that with Morata, although they kept him for a season and more than doubled their money.

We are.

But there should always be a place in the squad or team for a youth player. We can't keep on filling our PL team with more and more expensive players, to the extent that we have 2 first team players for almost every position. This means our youth players are basically 3rd choice for every position, and will find it almost impossible to break into the first team, let alone nail down a team place. Unless we give these youth players a real chance to play for the first team on a regular basis, we will never know if they are good enough to play 1st team football, and to stay in the first team. Giving them a place on the subs bench, or 10-15 minutes at the end of a Match isn't enough time. I appreciate there are matches where we have to field our 1st team, but there are also matches where we can play a youth player for 90 minutes, or bring them on when the game is all but won by half-time. Not only will it give our youth players the chance to play and to see if they are good enough for the 1st team, but it could in the long run save the club £100's of millions in transfer fees, and end farcical situations like the Jorginho saga, etc.

Like many City fans I just want to see more of our youth players get proper 1st team games, instead or warming the bench or getting minor cameo roles at the end of matches.

Fair enogh JRB.

Everybody likes to talk about their team having youth players "he is one of our own", in the 70s half your team was this way. At times footy fans seem to brag about full seats and youth in the team more than we do trophies. Or is that an excuse when they win F all so make another claim !!

But we are dominated by success more over the years and never more so than now. Managers need to succeed or they get the axe because of the money at stake and backers like we have in Monsour. These guys want success not excuses, and you go about it the best way. Its very short term, but prevents youth coming through as its strongest most experienced team out there for 90 mins. Do we risk success to bring through youth ? I want to see youth come through myself, but want the trophies to.

We will make money in our football factory and might just get the odd phil foden, that's what is happening.

Fair enogh JRB.

Everybody likes to talk about their team having youth players "he is one of our own", in the 70s half your team was this way. At times footy fans seem to brag about full seats and youth in the team more than we do trophies. Or is that an excuse when they win F all so make another claim !!

But we are dominated by success more over the years and never more so than now. Managers need to succeed or they get the axe because of the money at stake and backers like we have in Monsour. These guys want success not excuses, and you go about it the best way. Its very short term, but prevents youth coming through as its strongest most experienced team out there for 90 mins. Do we risk success to bring through youth ? I want to see youth come through myself, but want the trophies to.

We will make money in our football factory and might just get the odd phil foden, that's what is happening.
Far far too sensible a post, you must try harder.

What a strange reply, do you think we could force someone to sign for us? And if we could, do you think we'd buy them back on the cheap and immediately sell them on for a profit? Not only do I believe that to be against the rules it's also morally dodgy. If we have a buy back clause then we probably also have a sell on clause, does that make you feel better?

No, I think we’ve established that nobody can be forced to agree to a buy back deal. But for example he might come back thinking he we would get lots of first team football ,only to be disappointed.Then we could cash in if he agrees to a subsequent transfer. The important point here is that we shouldn’t overplay his chances of getting first team football.

The other factor in giving one or two youth players more of a chance is that it would free up funds to go after Mbappe

Fair enogh JRB.

Absolutely.

If 1 comes through every 3 to 4 years I would say that represents success.

The academy is a factory purely to turn over a profit.

It's not a popular point of view but I'm right behind it.

We dine at the top table now

What's the point of having a youth set up, if we don't give them a chance of first team football, to see if they are good enough for our first team. There is only one way of doing that and that is to give them game time, This can only be done with putting one from the junior ranks in the fist team squad on a regular basis, and if we have a good lead to bring them on and see what they can do. Otherwise the football academy will be just a waste of time, eventually the youngsters will not be signing on to the academy's books if it looks like they won't progress and have the chance of playing for the first team. They will eventually go some where else like Arsenal, who are more adept at bring players through the ranks and into the first team then any other club in the premier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.