Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz7

Pep confirms that 3-5-2 will be a system he may utilise a lot this season after it worked well in pre-season. He suggests Mendy's return is important to tactical flexibility. "We're going to use Mendy in different ways."

Thoughts?

Pep confirms that 3-5-2 will be a system he may utilise a lot this season after it worked well in pre-season. He suggests Mendy's return is important to tactical flexibility. "We're going to use Mendy in different ways."

Thoughts?

To me it sounds like what we already know, Mendy can play LB in a back 4
or, as he did, as a wingback in a 3-5-2, with Walker being the RWB.

I don't see Sané as a wingback, and since Mendy was out we didn't play 3-5-2, IIRC.

The option is great to have depending on opponents and own players available.
Nothing really new though.

Sane has never looked good at LWB, dont think Zinkchenko is particularly suited there. Delph might be a tad too defensively minded but he has the work rate to play there

Pep said we could use 3-5-2 against the really defensive teams.

I see Mendy primarily as a LB in 4-3-3 and I think in some games he’ll play LWB in a 3-5-2 and even as LCB pushing forward in a 3-5-2 against the biggest buses we face.

He will be like a new signing, whipping in dangerous crosses from anywhere on the left side of the opponents half. This will create space for every one else.

I can see him getting anywhere from 7-10 assists in the league.

His crosses are deadly; accurate and early means that defenders have no time to settle.

Looking forward to seeing him play, I'm expecting a lot from him. I just want to see him perform on the pitch.

I'm not the biggest fan of all social media bollocks, and only find him funny because he's one of ours - if he was a Rag I'd probably put him amongst Lingaard and Pogba.

His crosses are deadly; accurate and early means that defenders have no time to settle.
Liverpool 5-0 comes to mind.
Just not sure if he is good enough defensively to play in a back 4 versus top class opponents so this system does work well.

I like him but to be honest the jury is still out for me with him. I want him so to succeed but if I’m honest he seems a bit defensively suspect. I’m hoping to be proved wrong. C’mon Mendy!!!

Liverpool 5-0 comes to mind.
Just not sure if he is good enough defensively to play in a back 4 versus top class opponents so this system does work well.

Same here.
But for large parts of our schedule we can use his offensive strengths and for stronger opponents we could still choose Delph.
Good pair of LBs that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.