Charity Shield - Post Match Thread

Enjoyable game.

Mendy is going to cause our opponents major problems.

Interesting that we were so committed to play it out from the back on goal kicks even under extreme pressure. Last season we'd often kick it long if the press was very aggressive.

Enjoyed that today and was extremely hot for the fans let alone the players. Stones looked very good and Foden really looks the part. The team look hungry for me which is a really good sign. Looked like we just carried on from where we left off.

well that was a long day but well worth it , absolutely outplayed a poor chelsea team , Bernardo was superb and the extra games under his belt showed today , great turn out bottom two tiers full and the Poznan after the 2nd goal was excellent but confused many of the tourists in attendance. Cabellero was brilliant and saved Chelsea from a proper drubbing. London is still shit hole though and wouldnt live there for a kings ransom , beer at £5 a pint on Wembley High st , think the pub was called the Station the one before Moons on the right i am sure the f*ckers put the prices up when we come to town

Just got back. Convincing performance, and should have been more. We were missing a few but so were they.
72,000+ in there which isn't bad. Not sure whether we sold out or not and not really bothered, but a good turnout of Blues for a glorified friendly 200 miles away with a knackered motorway system.

Just logged on to the MuEN web site (Home page).
Big picture of a fire in a scrap yard.
Scrolled down looking for a link to our game at Wembley - nothing. But links to stories about the Rags new Number 10 and the game against Bayern.
The M does stand for Manchester doesn't it? And we are MANCHESTER CITY

Last edited:
I think for me the most encouragement came from our back 4.

I thought they were all excellent defensively (Barring the odd Mendy foray, should be ironed out though soon hopefully), plus they were all a lot more confident than I've seen them with the ball at feet.

Going forwards they were all as good as can be expected. Walker looked comfortable in possession when under pressure, Stones and Laporte were making excellent balls into the midfield and crossfield, and Mendy was incredibly eager on the front foot.

Considering this is the match we've seen that back 4 start together, thinking about how they'll likely be the back 4 for years to come, it makes for exciting times.

The Stones-Laporte partnership could be really something. Both are exceptional with the ball. Love Kun. Foden had some great moments. B. Silva was exceptional.

Gundo looks like the player we bought with wings. Looked scared he might get injured again when he came back last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.