Will we hit 10+?

No, I don’t think we will. We’re more than capable of course but once we hit 4 or 5 I think he’ll set them other challenges during the game. Keeping a clean sheet will be one, but he’ll be getting them to work on specific patterns of play and, dare I say it, even better ball retention.

No. The psychological impact of such a hammering is too great, so teams are highly unlikely to commit themselves forward in a manner that will expose them to any such likelihood. Similarly, if one team takes a tanking, it automatically affects how others view their goal difference and sees them become even more risk averse.

Would settle for getting to 3 clear goals much earlier in games and then having 3-4 young players used more often and longer in such matches. Long-term gain over short-term pleasure.

No. After Stoke at home last season, teams didn’t risk anything. They still got nothing but 10-0 goal difference in one game is damaging to a relegation threatened side.

There will be lots of Huddersfied style performances next season.

No.
We play too many games now in the cups to be able to go all out for 90 minutes when we don't need to.
Also, once teams are beat well i.e. 4-0 they will shut up shop and think of the goal difference

I could see it happening if Sergio had another Newcastle type performance in the first half and then the rest of the team decided to join in. As posted it would possibly be counter productive as other teams who be terrified but it would be great to witness.

I don’t think we will. Teams will now just play for a draw , set up in a 5-4-1 and hope to catch us out.

We normally take our foot of the oppo's throat when we are a few up, conserve energy, next game in mind etc. A few will get hammering's but not 10....Unless they are stupid enough to really annoy us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.