Will we hit 10+?

As mentioned by many, the teams likely to be in the relegation battle, will be settling for damage limitation, so scoring every 9 minutes is not likely.

I think the best chance would be against a higher level team, who have a shocker of a 1st half and we have good luck, say 4-0, and then have a sending off very early in 2nd, possibly leading to another as discipline collapses, leading to a downing of tools...and a very very early fire drill... and the sacking of PEG.

Getting the all time record , there, ahhhh

There were games last season where we had well over 20 shots at goal and scored 5,6 and 7.
D’you think anyone is going to be on the wrong side of double figures against us this season and who will it be?

i think with someone like Pep he doesn't want to go out and dismantle another team.

noticed it a few times he's had his teams take their eye off the ball.

i think with someone like Pep he doesn't want to go out and dismantle another team.

noticed it a few times he's had his teams take their eye off the ball.

Not sure I'd agree with that...

Barcelona 9–0 L'Hospitalet
Almería 0–8 Barcelona
Barcelona 8–0 Osasuna
Bayern Munich 8–0 Hamburger SV
Bayern Munich 7-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Rayo Vallecano 0–7 Barcelona
Bayern Munich 7-0 Werder Bremen.
Bayern Munich 7-1 AS Roma
Barcelona 7–1(10–2 agg.) Bayer Leverkusen

I was going to include 6-0's as well, but there were too many.

I did feel we took the foot off the gas a bit last year, but I suspect that was more down to managing the squad's fitness and there being a big drop from the first team to the back ups.

Bernardo was only just getting the hang of things, Gundogan was coming back from injury, Jesus was in and out of form & fitness - they were a long way below the level of the players coming off. Plus bringing on Yaya would just kill games dead.

This season the gap will be smaller, the competition more intense and I think that'll translate into the level staying high even when changes are made.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.