Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool fans really getting on my tits at the moment. It's as if no other team on the planet exists and they'll win the league because they've improved the squad. Good players, sure, but unless i'm mistaken, they've bought players nobody else at the top table were really in for.

No regard for other teams improving.

No regard for teams already and still better than them.

No regard for the fact Klavan still plays for them.

They're actually annoying me more than United fans at the moment. Hope next season is abysmal for them and they can blame Sergio Ramos.

This bullshit "you'll never get past Van Dyke" hyperbole. Sane literally ran past him and scored a few weeks ago, despite the Steven Seagal looking twat having a 5 yard head-start.

Odious set of fans.

I feel better now.

They Are only annoying because there a threat unlike the scum.

They Are only annoying because there a threat unlike the scum.

Dont think they're as much of a threat as is being made out. All they've done is improve to a position where they are better than the others in the top six. That doesn't make them a threat, just the closest challenger.

Ah yes. The old “Liverpool FC weren’t trying” argument.
I
I guess you you would have won everything if you did decide to try?

Liverpool = winning without actually winning.

It's not that hard to understand really. Any team would have done the same, including City. Champions League comes first. If a team has 7 points cushion, they'll rest players for CL.

It's not that hard to understand really. Any team would have done the same, including City. Champions League comes first. If a team has 7 points cushion, they'll rest players for CL.
So what you are saying is that Liverpool weren't really that far behind City. Actually I understand why you feel like favorites for this season then.

My worry is that Liverpool have a reasonable run-in at the end of the season;

Southampton away
Chelsea home
Cardiff away
Huddersfield home
Newcastle away
Wolves Home

They have tough(ish) winter period, but if they come out of that with any momentum it could be closer than we think.

So what you are saying is that Liverpool weren't really that far behind City. Actually I understand why you feel like favorites for this season then.

You'll keep creating new strawmen whatever I say.

Judging the quality and improvement of Liverpool, by looking at the number of points they got compared to the season before, is i.m.o. too simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.