Next James Bond?

It is what it is.

The studio must have took an audience sample before deciding whether it was worth the punt.

'Bond' is clearly a bank for them and if their bank is losing money, what would you try and do to resolve it?
They will keep making the films as long as they turn a profit of course.
I would never go to watch a Bond film but Idris would be superb in the role
I think for him though it would be a step backwards

Didn't the bond films depress Daniel Craig, he fucking hates it and was gutted he had a contract I was told.

I always thought that guy out of The Professionals wouldve suited the role, cant remember if he was Bodie or Doyle
I think he died recently.

That’s not how he’s described in the books. That’s just a fucking book cover. Therefore you accept that the owners of the franchise can depict him however they wish.

What from Bond’s known upbringing doesn’t work with him being black?

His father was from Scotland and his mother was Swiss so it is very unlikely that he would be black.

Bond is a fictional charactor who gives a shite who plays him, if the studio kept exactly to the books a bond film would never get made in todays climate anyway all too midly racist, mysoginistic etc etc etc.

Idris has been playing a norse god in the Marvel films for 7 years, and I am sure in the old folk tales of northern europe Heimdallr isn't black yet no one has kicked off as he has played the charactor well so why not bond.

Real historical charactors getting rewritten and changed is wrong wrong though in my opinion as historical films should stay faithful and be honest to history.

Didn't the bond films depress Daniel Craig, he fucking hates it and was gutted he had a contract I was told.

No, he always talks about how when he does the promo interviews, it's off the back of being physically broken by filming, and that he says stuff then he doesn't mean three months later. Bond is hugely demanding, because they do the stunts not CGI.

Indeed, I would much prefer he go and take the role of 'Jon Stuart' of 'Green Lantern' lore, for which he would be the right age and standing and be magnificent at.

His father was from Scotland and his mother was Swiss so it is very unlikely that he would be black.

Studios reboot all the time and, as said before, the origin can still the origin, but the role be adapted as a code name for a new agent going into the future.

Samuel L Jacksons nick fury jr is the son of the comics original nick fury, this was done so it could fit in to the universe.

Seemingly bond 60 odd years on from the origonal books does not have to be the original bond , but as he has apparently.shagged thousands of women around the globe and possibly fathered numerous children, a new version of bond could be a child of his and conceivably be of any ethnic background.

An easy plot addition that can keep the purists happy and also open up the casting to anyone.

Or you could just accept it is a fictional charactor on not give a shite who plays it as long as they do a good job at it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.